Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College experiences

• 22-03-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm thinking about studying either accounting & finance in nui maynooth or financial Matamatics in university of limerick next year.. Is there anyone who has studied any of these courses and would you reccomend the course for someone who likes maths and business. Is their a lot of work load aswell??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

If you're thinking of going there study calculus 1 and 2 ,and make sure your algebraic skills are top notch . I don't do finance but I have done the Calculus 1 and 2 and found it difficult because my algebraic skills aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

BumbleB wrote: »
    If you're thinking of going there study calculus 1 and 2 ,and make sure your algebraic skills are top notch . I don't do finance but I have done the Calculus 1 and 2 and found it difficult because my algebraic skills aren't great.

Which course did you study?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Help1997 wrote: »
    Which course did you study?

Comp Sc through arts NUIM the accounting students and Cs students are put in the same class for first year. I know someone who is doing accounting. I'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Help1997 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about studying either accounting & finance in nui maynooth or financial Matamatics in university of limerick next year.. Is there anyone who has studied any of these courses and would you reccomend the course for someone who likes maths and business. Is their a lot of work load aswell??

I dont Finance at NUIM, the course is more or less the same as Accounting and Finance except that after first year you have a lot more choice as to what you do and I had the option of dropping math in First year if you found it too difficult.

I think the course is very good. The good thing is that there can be as much or as little math in it as you personally want.

Advertisement