Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About to Buy a Mac Pro

• 22-03-2014 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking out for a new Mac Pro 13inch with Retina for a while now, and have found one at a good price. But for some reason im reluctant to get it. It feels like a lot to pay for a laptop.

Also if I do take the plunge, is there a need to get an extended accidental warranty? and could someone suggest a good one! Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You mean MacBook Pro, the MacPro is a desktop.
    They're great machines, are well built and will last you a long time - if you take care of it. Of course if you only want a machine to browse the web it's a waste of money.

Apple have their own Apple Care extended warranty. It's expensive but the service is very good, their call centre is in Cork. I wouldn't have good things to say about extended warranties in general tho, EU and irish law afford you a lot of rights.
    I got apple Care very cheaply as I was working in a University when I bought mine, plus about a 15% discount on the Mac itself. My current employer has a purchase program with similar offerings. If you're in university or work for a big company see if you can get a similar deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

5uspect wrote: »
    You mean MacBook Pro, the MacPro is a desktop.
    They're great machines, are well built and will last you a long time - if you take care of it. Of course if you only want a machine to browse the web it's a waste of money.

Apple have their own Apple Care extended warranty. It's expensive but the service is very good, their call centre is in Cork. I wouldn't have good things to say about extended warranties in general tho, EU and irish law afford you a lot of rights.
    I got apple Care very cheaply as I was working in a University when I bought mine, plus about a 15% discount on the Mac itself. My current employer has a purchase program with similar offerings. If you're in university or work for a big company see if you can get a similar deal.

Sorry yes, macbook. As far as I know the Apple Care warranty for macs doesn't cover accidental damage do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Ive been looking out for a new Mac Pro 13inch with Retina for a while now, and have found one at a good price.

What price is the one you are looking at?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    What price is the one you are looking at?

€1290 for the ME865B/A

• Advertisement

Thats a good price. €1,549 for the same specs on Apple store.

Just ordered :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

You wont be disappointed

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Just ordered :O

If this is your first Mac you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement

Yes it's my first mac, really excited now!

Advertisement