Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Southampton.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Gotta love Sherwood's celebration for all his faults. About time those supporters had something to cheer about. Superb comeback!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Sherwood in The Premiership

9 Wins
    2 Draws
    4 Losses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Siggy you beauty :D

Soldado put in a great shift. Played well as a lone striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I like the trio of Chadli, Eriksen & Soldado, those three look on the same wave length. Kaboul is slowly finding his form with coming back from injury.

I'm hopeful this will click too.... But, as they say, one swallow doesn't make a Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We still need to cut out those defensive errors otherwise we will be in trouble next week against Liverpool.

Great comeback today

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Nonsense, Siggy has been brutal lately. Our problems stem from our wingers having to do too much covering of our wing backs, Rose and Naughton. This is our main weakness and has been an issue all season. Eriksen and Soldado linking up nicely

Worth quoting :)

I'm hopeful this will click too.... But, as they say, one swallow doesn't make a Summer.

I gave Chadli awful stick, more then was justified. He's slowly finding his feet. Eriksen always looked like coming good, play him in his proper position and he'll produce the goods.

I really, really want Soldado to stay, you don't become shít over night. He still needs to show more, but some of his touches are a delight. Fans love those silky touches.

It's first season syndrome, manager came and went. Not easy, and fair dues to Sigurdsson today, glad he proved me wrong.

Eriksen is ice cold, even in his interviews! Please don't play that highline next weekend, our defense is like candy floss, most impressed with Kaboul. Lennon and Townsend shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven, just poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

One thing Kaboul need's to do more is find row Z.......too many times he tries to play his way out of trouble and makes mistakes.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

We all give Walker stick but he is ten times the player Naughton is, if we don't have Walker back next week we will be in massive trouble because Naughton is just a mistake waiting to happen in every game.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    We all give Walker stick but he is ten times the player Naughton is, if we don't have Walker back next week we will be in massive trouble because Naughton is just a mistake waiting to happen in every game.

He was at fault for both goals today, but neither would inspire. Naughton is slightly better at crossing, Walker has pace to burn, his final ball is atrocious. No way should either be first choice, knowing the club they'll buy more midfielders in the summer.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He was at fault for both goals today, but neither would inspire. Naughton is slightly better at crossing, Walker has pace to burn, his final ball is atrocious. No way should either be first choice, knowing the club they'll buy more midfielders in the summer.

Kind of what I am getting at, both make mistakes for sure but at least Walker can use his pace to rectify some mistakes. I believe we need new full backs on both flanks, hopefully the new manager will think the same.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Kind of what I am getting at, both make mistakes for sure but at least Walker can use his pace to rectify some mistakes. I believe we need new full backs on both flanks, hopefully the new manager will think the same.

It seemed like both full backs were bombing forward like maniacs, especially in the first half. We caught them offside numerous times today, but when it goes wrong, boy does it go wrong.

Sherwood, somehow seems to have the respect of the team. We didn't give up at 2 zip down, which is pleasing. After the pool game we should be looking to go on a little streak. It's not impossible to snatch fourth? Or at least to close the gap. I think the players still believe.

Even if this season has given us nothing to smile about, Sherwood's interview's do it for me... every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was at a Hurling match today so didn't get to see any of the Spurs game,when I got a text telling me Siggy had scored a winner in the 92nd minute I lept out of my seat,this was a badly need win for us so it's a good day all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Guys lets not fool ourselves

The saints had nothing to play for and they still went up by two in our back yard

Eriksen is a class above and is growing massively in confidence. Reminds me of Luca except he scores more goals

Soldado was also excellent I thought. Thd work rate of eriksen and soldado wax great , We must build the team around them

Now, the rest of the team is a different kettle of fish. Thd full backs are truly awful footballers and need to be kicked out

Even though we Won today , we will be absolutely and totally destroyed next weekend. Suarez and Sturbridge will rip us apart . Wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 7 and that's not a joke

I agree with you about the full backs. Southampton are a decent team and I'm sure with Hodgson watching they wanted to do well. They only went two nil up thanks to Fail Naughton.

Liverpool could be a nightmare but we are generally better on our travels this season. It'll either be an absolute mauling or a glorious victory. Naughton against Sterling? Bloody hell.....

I agree with you about the full backs. Southampton are a decent team and I'm sure with Hodgson watching they wanted to do well. They only went two nil up thanks to Fail Naughton.

Liverpool could be a nightmare but we are generally better on our travels this season. It'll either be an absolute mauling or a glorious victory. Naughton against Sterling? Bloody hell.....

No chance of a victory , absolutely zero

Haven't they won the last six in a row? They're due a poor result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Not against us though....:(

You guys are really dragging me down!! :D COYS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

While I agree that the english players have been awful and most of the new lads have failed to deliver, the last thing we need is a host of players coming and going again this summer.

Bar full back(s) and a striker I think the rest of the team have enough quality and potential for a new manager to work with. Its wasnt all that long ago that every man and his dog thought almost every liverpool player bar 2-3 was sub standard but with the right motivation, coaching and system the quality players prove their class and even the ordinary ones up their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just watched the extended highlights without knowing the score. One thing is definitely clear. We have ****e full backs.

Soldado looked to have played well. Eriksen was a class above and Bentaleb I thought had a decent game.

Don't agree that the Liverpool game is a foregone conclusion. Their defence is just as bad as ours. Cardiff scored 3 goals against them! I think we've got a chance. Not as big as the last few seasons but a reasonable chance to beat them.

irishmover wrote: »
    Just watched the extended highlights without knowing the score. One thing is definitely clear. We have ****e full backs.

Soldado looked to have played well. Eriksen was a class above and Bentaleb I thought had a decent game.

Don't agree that the Liverpool game is a foregone conclusion. Their defence is just as bad as ours. Cardiff scored 3 goals against them! I think we've got a chance. Not as big as the last few seasons but a reasonable chance to beat them.

You think we can out score Suarez and Sturridge ? I hope you are right but I can't see it

mickman wrote: »
    You think we can out score Suarez and Sturridge ? I hope you are right but I can't see it

They're not unstoppable. Maybe if Vertonghen wasn't so ****ing casual then maybe.

irishmover wrote: »
    They're not unstoppable. Maybe if Vertonghen wasn't so ****ing casual then maybe.

Yep and the two full backs didn't make ten mistakes per game

We may score 1 but I'm real worried about how many they will score

I think we'll have to setup to man mark and try block off supply from midfield.

I thought things were working against Chelsea and compacting the midfield against Liverpool without making those awful mistakes should be enough to keep them below 3 goals.

I'd be surprised to be honest if we lost 5-0 again.

Advertisement