Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer - advice please

Options
  • 22-03-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I am a FTB with sale agreed on a new house -purchasing from a developer. I intend to get the house surveyed before signing any contracts or anything but just wondering for things like central heating etc. = how do you know they are working before purchasing? I know it might seem like silly question but I don't have a clue about any of this stuff!! Thanks......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Hi, I am a FTB with sale agreed on a new house -purchasing from a developer. I intend to get the house surveyed before signing any contracts or anything but just wondering for things like central heating etc. = how do you know they are working before purchasing? I know it might seem like silly question but I don't have a clue about any of this stuff!! Thanks......

Interesting question ! We will be in same position ourselves shortly. The Estate Agent told us that heating , plumbing and electrics will be fully functional before we get the keys - ours is a new house also. We are arranging for a full structural review prior to signing contract and perhaps someone to look over the heating & plumbing as well. We would expect the terms of sale / contract to specify state of readiness of the property at handover ? . Perhaps your solicitor will advise further on this aspect ?
    Good luck in your new home ! Enjoy !!

Advertisement