Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Cutra Castle-Olympic- Course Info

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Green&Red did I see earlier that you got a crack in your carbon bike frame? If so, sorry to hear about that. Definitely sours it further. I hope you can get it sorted and it doesn't affect any upcoming races.

Onwards we go, it's in the past. Next up: Crooked Lake next week! I read of a hilly bike course.... :-S I suppose we're in Ireland. Apart from Athy I don't think there really is any flat-ish bike course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

lizanne83 wrote: »
    Apart from Athy I don't think there really is any flat-ish bike course!

You need to race more in the midlands - Caroline Kearney, Lanesboro and Athlone.... all without a hill of note!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

haha that's true! I'm entered for Caroline Kearney (Aug) and Lanesboro 2 provinces (July). Haven't done Caroline Kearney before, good to hear it's flat although it'll be my 7th race at that stage :-S I was DNF at Lanesboro last year due to puncture. Gut wrenching as it was such a perfect course and day and was on form... albeit too hot day. That lake was like a sauna!!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

Did anyone get an accurate distance for the Olympic 10k run, garmin or otherwise. I did 41 and didnt think i was moving that well?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

rooneyjm wrote: »
    Did anyone get an accurate distance for the Olympic 10k run, garmin or otherwise. I did 41 and didnt think i was moving that well?

i have it at 9.1km, which i reckon is within 100m of the accurate distance. it was definitely short
    http://www.strava.com/activities/145397759

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

The Gauntlet cycle was long also, a good bit long.
    I had it down just short of 94km.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

with the drag in and out of the castle to the main gate, i reckon the oly bike course was 44km or so as well. looks like they measured from the front gate and didn't count the access road. given the loop used on the oly route not hard to see why they made that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

I reckon olympic distance run was measured short I am afraid. Did close to a PB and didn't feel like anything near that good a run. several others in club felt same.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

I have the run down as 9.3km and the Olympic Cycle as 43km on my garmin. I'm amazed that they could get the run short, as they had us running through a field twice, the course could easily have been structured to give us the correct distance.

Advertisement