Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Crisps

Options
  • 23-03-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey folks!

I'm trying to recall some crisps I used to love when I was a kid. They weren't around a long time. I'm thirty now so I guess they were around in the early nineties.

They were shaped like a club or baseball bat. I think they were in a white packet and were 8/10p. Quite sure there was some kind of American theme to them like "American Baseball Bats". They were definitely some kind of corn snack.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Were they salt and vinegar flavour and was there some red on the packet also?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

molly09 wrote: »

Thanks, but definitely not salt and vinegar. I think they tasted something like Burger Bites but were labeled as Hotdog flavour! They were really crunchy and were in a very small packet.

molly09 wrote: »

Meant to say yes to the red on the packet. Quite sure it was a red and white packet with some kind of American reference in the title.

Looked like these...

9455482165_d0bf2388cb.jpg?resize=500%2C324

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I think they were called Crunchos and made by King.

• Advertisement

I reckon you're right on the money there. Having done a search it seems I'm not alone in my search.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=232133

Thanks again guys

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Loved them, well named, had a hard, crunchy texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

had a hard, crunchy texture.
    The later ones were softer, from one of the threads I linked
    rubadub wrote: »
    There were 2 types of them anyway. The early ones were much harder. These were very similar to some scampi fries, but for some reason scampi flavour ones costed a fortune compared to crunchos.

I head some rumour/tale about some kid cracking his teeth or something and that was on explanation for the change, they made them much softer and they were nowhere near as nice.

Advertisement