Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to wexford

Options
  • 23-03-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    I'm thinking of moving from the UK to Wexford.
    I am thinking of the Kilmore Quay area and would like to know is there anywhere else in Wexford that anyone might suggest?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hook Head area is rather attractive if that's the kind of thing you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Hello,
    I'm thinking of moving from the UK to Wexford.
    I am thinking of the Kilmore Quay area and would like to know is there anywhere else in Wexford that anyone might suggest?
    Thanks

Kilmore Quay is nice, if somewhat bleak in the Winter. However, it is jammed in the summer.

What are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why not get a temporary rental and explore a bit before deciding? Wexford is a lovely county with a wide range of possible places to live, it depends on what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thedogsmother

Hello again, I have 2 large dogs so I need a fair bit of outside space. I love growing my own and I do keep chickens. I have reared a couple if pigs for the table and Christmas past I reared my own turkey. It would be great if I could find a place that I could rent for a few months , but will I be allowed have my dogs??? I couldn't put the fellas into kennels and I would fear they would feel abandoned .... Anyway they are all I've got and I would miss then to much.
    Ideally to buy a place with 3 acres would be fantastic, a walled in garden and not to far from a shop/ pub....

Me again!!!!!!

Can anyone let me know what is the main supermarket in Wexford area?
    Is it Tesco? Do you have a Tesco?
    Do you have Aldi, Marks and Spencer, Lidl?
    Can you get a train to Dublin? If so, dose it take long?
    What is the job situation? I know Ireland has been hit badly with the recession.
    Is their many period type property' s around for sale?
    Can anyone tell me the name of local agents?

Loads of questions I know, But I would love to be back in the Emerald Isle really soon

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

There's dunnes stores, tesco, supervalu, lidl and Aldi in and around town, no marks though. Jobs would really depend on your experience/interest. There's work but also a lot of unemployment.

For houses, check out www.myhome.ie and www.daft.ie they're the central place that all agents list their properties for sale & rent
    Me again!!!!!!

Can anyone let me know what is the main supermarket in Wexford area?
    Is it Tesco? Do you have a Tesco?
    Do you have Aldi, Marks and Spencer, Lidl?
    Can you get a train to Dublin? If so, dose it take long?
    What is the job situation? I know Ireland has been hit badly with the recession.
    Is their many period type property' s around for sale?
    Can anyone tell me the name of local agents?

Loads of questions I know, But I would love to be back in the Emerald Isle really soon

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Google Street View is very handy for looking around an area without even going there.You can take a tour from the comfort of your own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thank you all so much ...
    No doubt I will have more questions in the following weeks :)
    I'm really getting excited about the move

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mensa6

Great big farmhouse for sale just before the bend into kilmore quay, several outhouses and big barn. I see solar panels on it as well and a good bit of land. called marlon house or something similar sounding. might suit ya with the dogs....

• Advertisement

Hello..........
    Thanks for letting me know..........
    I have looked on Daft and it seems very nice.
    I really appreciate you letting me know, thank you so much :)

Advertisement