Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning of airsoft gun

• 23-03-2014 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

i am new to airsoft . i recently cleaned m aeg aeg out . while doing so i forgot to disingage the hop up . i used paper while doing so . could i have caused damage to the gun

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jamie1965 wrote: »
    i am new to airsoft . i recently cleaned m aeg aeg out . while doing so i forgot to disingage the hop up . i used paper while doing so . could i have caused damage to the gun

Little tips:

Turn off the hop ;)
    Never use any oil to clean a barrel.
    Lint free cloth dipped in warm soapy water, then run a dry strip through.

Fire the gun and see how it is, you should be able to tell if is firing differently to normal. Also have a look down the barrely and slowly turn the hop on, you should have a uniform shape gradually showing, if not then it is either stuck to one side or damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jamie1965

its shoting ok but coukld i have damaged it . only did it twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

its shoting ok but coukld i have damaged it . only did it twice

wouldn't worry about it mate. We all did it at some point :p. It should be fine if you've only done it twice :)
    Like Southern said remove the barrel from the AEG and look down the barrel from the hop up unit and see if the hop up is still working.

In short if it's still firing fine and you havent seen any change in the firing of it i think you can rest assured it's fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jamie1965

if down the line the hop up is broken . how much for replacement . thanks for feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

if down the line the hop up is broken . how much for replacement . thanks for feedback

it depends really. Hop up rubber and nub set would be 5 or 10 max. A whole new chamber can range from 15-30 depending on brand.

Then again you could always as on the adverts sections. I know for a fact that rubbers and other hop up parts, including whole units are parts that nearly every airsofter who has been playing for a while has a lot of. Me personally had 3 or four working units up until recently. So they're not hard to find and replace nor are they expensive so you'll be fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement