Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Issues

Options
  • 23-03-2014 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

In the past week, my internet access has become erratic. Even though my usual speed of 50mb/sec appears to be consistent for the time it s coming, I'm getting messages back like "can't access the server" when trying to access internet. After every 15-20 minutes, it shows the yellow sign on the internet signal sign and says 'limited connectivity' in the connection section. I have restarted the router many times, but the problem still persist.

Is it only me or someone else is also facing the same issue.

PS: I am using technicolor 7200 wireless router.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I have had similar issues lately too.

Same modem wired and wireless on 120Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Same issue for the last few weeks in Waterford. I am still on 30mb, if I did not know better I would say that UPC are hoping I would switch to the higher speeds and tie in for another year, but as my speeds are not dissimilar to Sky I think I will be switching to Sky.
    I tested on Speed test over the last 5 minutes and the results are below, the first one is amazing as the upload speed is faster than the download speed

Download 8.6 Upload 9.53
    Download 14.68 Upload 9.69
    Download 13.46 Upload 9.44
    Download 17.08 Upload 9.06
    Download 16.09 Upload 9.39

121Mb down and 9.8Mb up right now.

No complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

this happened 2 weeks ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168749
    kk887 wrote: »
    anyone having the same issue? i am in cork douglas area and upc keep giving me the yellow icon on my network notification every few mins since this morning.

hope this is just a temp problem as I dont think they will come and fix it till next week...
    kk887 wrote: »
    just a small follow up. I rang UPC that day (Friday) and they told me that my network is no problem and so they suggested me to restart my modem which I already did for a few times since that morning. So I just went for a coffee, came back and the network is back to normal. I am sure the network problem is from UPC as otherwise why my network is having trouble and all of sudden it went back to normal after I rang UPC. But hey, they fix my problem so I am a happy guy now. (as I am worry about i couldnt have a stable network for the p-weekend!)

and lately, my connection is ok but its a nightmare while playing online games...ping is fine but lots of packets lost.

and i have the modem for 100mb and my package is 120mb (which according to upc home page, I am now paying for 200mb pack :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vikalpjn

Any update guys? I am still facing the same issue. UPC guys are of no help. They have changed setting many times, and still not able to solve the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

what do you think of this offer? do you know cheaper ?

upc_results-fb8c979848b043a337ce2307be094f8b.png
    upc25-ed44869acb0c8a0e64c9352f82fbfe53.png
    Fibre Broadband 120Mb Limited + Freetime World
    • Up to 120Mb/s download speed
    • 30 GB per month data allowance
    • Free setup
    • Line rental included
    • Free calls included
    • 12 month contract
    €25 first 6 months for new customers then €37 per month

cost detail

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

harry999 wrote: »
    what do you think of this offer? do you know cheaper ?

upc_results-fb8c979848b043a337ce2307be094f8b.png
    upc25-ed44869acb0c8a0e64c9352f82fbfe53.png
    Fibre Broadband 120Mb Limited + Freetime World
    • Up to 120Mb/s download speed
    • 30 GB per month data allowance
    • Free setup
    • Line rental included
    • Free calls included
    • 12 month contract
    €25 first 6 months for new customers then €37 per month

cost detail
    you have to know that this pack have a bandwidth limitation.

30 GB per month data allowance

You can go over it very easily if you watch hd videos on YT or download a few other big applications/files.

However, if you are using for normal tasks such as checking news, email and browser the net around than this could be a good package for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Vinduer

vikalpjn wrote: »
    Any update guys? I am still facing the same issue. UPC guys are of no help. They have changed setting many times, and still not able to solve the issue.

I endured identical problems over 5 weeks. 3 laptops suffering continuous drop-outs over wifi yet a desktop connected via powerline had no issues. The Technicolor was replaced with no improvement to QoS. A further visit from a service engineer couldn't find any problems. I then swapped my modem with a relatives EPC3925 and ....bingo! Rock steady connection for 2 days. Changed back to the technicolor and dropped connection several times a day straight from the off. Called UPC and explained what I had done. The next day a service engineer came out with a brand new EPC3925 and guess what - rock steady again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Vinduer wrote: »
    I endured identical problems over 5 weeks. 3 laptops suffering continuous drop-outs over wifi yet a desktop connected via powerline had no issues. The Technicolor was replaced with no improvement to QoS. A further visit from a service engineer couldn't find any problems. I then swapped my modem with a relatives EPC3925 and ....bingo! Rock steady connection for 2 days. Changed back to the technicolor and dropped connection several times a day straight from the off. Called UPC and explained what I had done. The next day a service engineer came out with a brand new EPC3925 and guess what - rock steady again.

I have a epc3925 and am experiencing the problems. :mad:

I have huge issues on wifi but was and to a degree still am having issues on wired too.

Wired seemed to be after midnight after being solid all day.

Wireless issues more constant though day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

suffering from massive packet loss,can anyone explain this
    Untitled_zps29a5bb52.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vikalpjn

UPC changed my router yesterday and it's working fine as of now. Seems to be the problem with the wifi router.

Advertisement