Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk to the O2

Options
  • 23-03-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Myself and the other half are heading to the backstreet boys concert on the 1st April in the O2. The concert will be over shortly after 11 and the last Matthews bus leaves from Parnell ST at 11:30 so I haven't got a hope of getting that bus. The last Bus Eireann bus is at 11:40 so doubt I'd get to Busarus either in time.

Any ideas on how I'd get back to Dundalk? I don't think Sevens are running any buses to the concert either :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Have you enquired with Matthews if they have a service running from the point? Most gigs they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

James__10 wrote: »
    Myself and the other half are heading to the backstreet boys concert on the 1st April in the O2. The concert will be over shortly after 11 and the last Matthews bus leaves from Parnell ST at 11:30 so I haven't got a hope of getting that bus. The last Bus Eireann bus is at 11:40 so doubt I'd get to Busarus either in time.

Any ideas on how I'd get back to Dundalk? I don't think Sevens are running any buses to the concert either :confused:

The distance between the two is 1.77 km which is about a mile. Leave at 11 and you'll make the bus at 11.40 no bother. Go straight up the North Wall Quay, plenty of traffic and people and well lit. Turn right onto Memorial Rd and Busáras is on Amiens St right in front of you. It's safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Matthews run a coach to every concert in the O2. Look at their website
    The last Bus Eireann bus leaves Custom house Quay at midnight. The 100X timetable will show you where they pick up. The 100X doesnt stop at busaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Matthews go to all O2 concerts, just make sure you find out where the coach home is parked. Think its down at The Green Room pub.

As above, Matthews run from around the corner for gigs.
    100X stops all along the quays. It leaves the Custom House at 12 so it'd be easy to make.
    Or a brisk walk to Parnell St./7 quid taxi for the 11.30 bus.

The bus from around the corner from the o2 is probably the best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Cheers, I'll give Matthews a bell tomorrow and book a seat

Probably no need to book though a quick call to make sure ain't the worst idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Probably should have called the thread 02 to Dundalk tbhpedantic

Advertisement