Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance to US + Pregnant

Options
  • 23-03-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Asking a question on behalf of a mate. She is pregnant and will be travelling to the US in her second trimester. Who is the best insurance company to go with for this? Or will just regular insurance do her? She is going on a two week holiday to Miami.

I was looking at the Travel -> US Forum and all the posts seem to be moved here so that's why I'm posting it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Does she currently have insurance? If so, sihe'll be wanting to check her pregnancy exclusions, if any.

Also, she may want to research local hospitals where she is going, especially if she is just around the viability date. Some will "save at all costs" even if you are below official viability, others will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This isn't really a US question because I'm not aware that insurance companies give different cover (or exclude it) for pregnancy based on whether you are travelling to the US or a different country.

I have travel insurance with AIG via a BOI credit card. They cover medical expenses associated with pregnancy as long as you get home at the latest two months before the due date. Listed among the exclusions is the following..

expenses which would normally be incurred as a result of pregnancy within 2 months of expected date of birth or childbirth;

Advertisement