Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym changing ownership

Options
  • 23-03-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

My gym is entering into a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), meaning a new gym will be taking over the lease, along with ownership of the gym -the name of the gym will change too. Does this mean my contract has changed and I have a right to get out of my contract before my year is up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

who is the contract with?
    if its with gymname1 and they are no longer trading then you can if gymname1 was taken as a going concern then its still valid as its only under new management

so probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Tigger wrote: »
    who is the contract with?
    if its with gymname1 and they are no longer trading then you can if gymname1 was taken as a going concern then its still valid as its only under new management

so probably

Well gymname1 will still be trading, but a number of their clubs are being sold/taken over by other gyms, so the name of the gym will change too, but they are saying membership will not change despite this? Contract is with gymname1.

Advertisement