Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest ever Allstar team

• 23-03-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭

At some point we have all named our clubs greatest ever 11, the best players in our clubs history all together on the same team. Would be great to see in real life but which club could put out the greatest ever team?

Would the greatest ever Real Madrid team beat the best ever Barcelona team? Would Liverpools best 11 players beat Uniteds? Perhaps one of the big clubs never had a truly world class full back to pick for their team, for all the legendary attacking quality they might have had?

So, which is the greatest, most complete club allstar team of all time? Is it this one?

abGBUz5amv.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Barcelona, Bayern, AC, Real would be the standouts I'd say.

Try putting a Barcelona team together. Who do you drop out of Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Cruyff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it would end up being Real. Would take me a while and a bit of research to do that team though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Liverpool=

Doni

Doni Doni Doni Doni

Doni Doni

Doni Doni Doni

Doni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A Utd team without Robson is unthinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

You would have to have Juan pablo Angel in it, he made more All Star teams than any player youve mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Barca, Real or Milan would wipe the floor here i would say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Based on what I've seen...

abGBVuiamf.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

[URL="[url=http://this11.com][img]http://this11.com/play/abGBVAtaiT.png[/img][/url]"][/url]abGBVAtaiT.png

Thats the best Arsenal team i could come up with much like nowadays would do well in England but the likes of barca milan and real would hammer us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Augmerson wrote: »
    Liverpool=

Doni

Doni Doni Doni Doni

Doni Doni

Doni Doni Doni

Doni

I remember that one day when that joke was remotely funny.

I could only go by what I've seen so Best, Charlton etc wouldn't feature for me.

Schmeichel, Neville, Stam, Vidic, Irwin
    Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Beckham
    Ronaldo, van Nistlerooy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

This is an unofficial 30 years' team that supporters on the City forum voted for. I'd maybe swap Phil Harrington, Colin O'Brien and Pat Morely for Michael Devine, Roy O'Donovan and John O'Flynn, but it's still a pretty good team as it is. They might have held that lead against Bayern Munich.

Bh3zpGDCMAE7WSQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Try putting a Barcelona team together. Who do you drop out of Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Cruyff?

Who would their defenders be, more to the point? All the attacking talent in the world, but would their defense compete with the other allstar teams?

I suspect Milan would be able to put out an incredibly balanced side, world class in both attack and defence. I'll try to put theirs together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Juventus:
    Buffon
    Thuram Scirea Gentile Cabrini
    Tardelli Platini Zidane Nedved
    Baggio Del Piero

Crowbar the midfield in there, but fúck it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cienciano wrote: »
    Juventus:
    Buffon
    Thuram Scirea Gentile Cabrini
    Tardelli Platini Zidane Nedved
    Baggio Del Piero

Crowbar the midfield in there, but fúck it!

Great team. I'd probably plump for Trezeguet (4-3-3) or Brady instead of Zidane though.

Advertisement