Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to find out my home phone number

Options
  • 23-03-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know it may seem like a stupid question but i'm looking to upgrade my broadband deal and every website is looking for my home number and as i only ever use it for the internet i don't have a clue what it is. 

Did i read somewhere that there is a number you can ring that will tell you the number, it's some automated thing? 

Oh and no ringing a mobile hasn't worked before anyone asks, i wish it was that easy!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Hi all,

I know it may seem like a stupid question but i'm looking to upgrade my broadband deal and every website is looking for my home number and as i only ever use it for the internet i don't have a clue what it is. 

Did i read somewhere that there is a number you can ring that will tell you the number, it's some automated thing? 

Oh and no ringing a mobile hasn't worked before anyone asks, i wish it was that easy!

Thanks in advance!
    First, with that username, you must be joking.

GO on the Eircom website, they have an online phonebook. Type your name in and make sure you tick residential.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

First, with that username, you must be joking.

GO on the Eircom website, they have an online phonebook. Type your name in and make sure you tick residential.

Thanks Joe but no joy I'm not with eircom and I've never asked to be put on any phone book either way it didn't work Thanks tho
    Ps. The username was set up when I was a much younger man :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Surely though you get a phone bill, either by post or electronic?

Maphisto wrote: »
    Surely though you get a phone bill, either by post or electronic?

Only with magnet for Internet so no phone number comes on the bill and they can't tell me what the number is said to go ask eircom.
    There is a number you can Dial to hear the number back just don't remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

It's 199000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

dial 172 before any number it will show your number for that specific call.

From Eircom website

mitosis wrote: »

From Eircom website

Well I've plugged in a phone and tried both numbers now and get nothing when I pick up the phone to dial I don't get the usual long tone am getting a beep beep Beep like it's busy or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Why don't you try to set up as a new customer? You won't need a number then. Websites ask for your number to check the area for availability so maybe use a neighbours phone number if you are unsure there is coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

From Eircom website

Well I've plugged in a phone and tried both numbers  now and get nothing when I pick up the phone to dial I don't get the usual long tone am getting a beep beep Beep like it's busy or something
    Hi paddyirish23

If you want to PM me your account number I'll reply with your landline number?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gav_96

From Eircom website

Well I've plugged in a phone and tried both numbers  now and get nothing when I pick up the phone to dial I don't get the usual long tone am getting a beep beep Beep like it's busy or something
    Hi paddyirish23

If you want to PM me your account number I'll reply with your landline number?

Thanks
    Al
    The way I do it, the login to eircom account it shows up on the left hand side if that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

From Eircom website

Hi paddyirish23

I've just sent you a PM in response. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement