Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TT 2013 - On Bike Lap - Michael Dunlop

• 23-03-2014 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Just came across this their, jaysus!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That's something else. The way he gets by the three other riders is magic, it's hard to believe how close the bike come together at those speeds. The riders must love the mountain section where they really open it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its just jaw dropping seeing the skill of them lads all of them not just Micky D. To memorise that whole course is just incredible.....

Lads any channel on TV showing this years TT ? I think the first race is at the weekend sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

tommorrow night itv4

tommorrow night itv4

Nice one, I'm looking forward to that now. Really must make it over there so e year

• Advertisement

Just looked at the ITV4 listings on the UPC guide. Not sure if the guide is playing up but it is showing some programs but saying others are 'Not available in ROI'. Hopefully it's just my box playing up. The guide does show a documentary on Joey Dunlop at the TT tonight, I think 10 or 10.30pm but it's not showing me any TT for tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I hope it does work, ive never really liked watching any racing but ive watched a couple documentaries about the tt and id like to watch it. Here are the listings.

ScreenShot2014-05-29at34600PM.png

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My gay ass UPC won't show me any good biking stuff. You can watch it on the itv player though: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/isle-of-man-tt/series-7/episode-1-tt-2014-the-michael-dunlop-story

And use https://hola.org to get around the region problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's on Setanta Ireland on UPC around 9 or 10 most nights.

If you've Sky ITV4 isn't blocked for this programme like UPC is, well it didn't use to be anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I just checked my IOMTT recording from Setanta last night and its poxy golf, tennis and ads!
    Supposed to be on at 1.15am tonight according to UPC guide and Setantas website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The riders must love the mountain section where they really open it up.

It's flat out in many places, best thing about the mountain is the chance to relax and actually sit on the bike for a while lol.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

It's listed on the Setanta program guide as being on right now 9-10pm but instead there is rugby on. It's head wrecking for them to list it and not show it, especially given ITV4s coverage of the TT is blocked too, like ffs can't we watch this anywhere with ease ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just looked at the ITV4 listings on the UPC guide. Not sure if the guide is playing up but it is showing some programs but saying others are 'Not available in ROI'. Hopefully it's just my box playing up. The guide does show a documentary on Joey Dunlop at the TT tonight, I think 10 or 10.30pm but it's not showing me any TT for tomorrow night
    That's really weird. I can still get ITV - ITV4 with an elapsed Sky subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sky allow viewing of ITV on other channels, you can't record or pause but you can view the ITV lineup.
    I believe UPC block all ITV sports related stuff due to licensing issue in the ROI being a separate market.
    Not rubbing salt into the wound but there was footage of Bruce Anstey's record laptime of 132.29 MPH could have been faster but he ran into some back markers!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That was an incredible lap - he even went wide a few times, would love to see what he could have done with a good clean run!
    That BMW Michael Dunlop on is something else... Glad he got the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Zascar wrote: »
    That was an incredible lap - he even went wide a few times, would love to see what he could have done with a good clean run!

Watched the onboard last night, couldn't believe the hold ups and couple of mistakes :eek:

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wonder how long we see a sub 17min lap? Only 9secs off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

Here's a bit of onboard from Anstey's record lap - unreal!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UL7P7OkTCDI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

gipi wrote: »
    Here's a bit of onboard from Anstey's record lap - unreal!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UL7P7OkTCDI
    Saw this last night. He had his mistakes too, ran very wide at the bottom of the Creg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

No Pants wrote: »
    Saw this last night. He had his mistakes too, ran very wide at the bottom of the Creg.

I was right there that day watching. Was absolutely floored when it came in over 132.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

Ansteys lap was unreal to watch,frightening speed in some ways yet just mindblowing considering the amount of traffic he encountered.
    And hes also a true gentleman too,even the other day he let MD by in the final 100 meters to take the chequered flag.
    Anstey is a gentleman of the sport.

Advertisement