Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent mature student not qualified for BTEA

Options
  • 23-03-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hope someone can advice as keep coming up against conflicting information.Have applied to return to FT education later this year. As I have been working will not qualify for BTEA. Assuming I qualify for no maintenance grants etc, will I still have my fees paid for with the exception of the registration fee?
    Am i right in assuming that I will need to just cover books, travel and registration fees of circa €3,000 or am I missing anything else?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

spygirl wrote: »
    Hope someone can advice as keep coming up against conflicting information.Have applied to return to FT education later this year. As I have been working will not qualify for BTEA. Assuming I qualify for no maintenance grants etc, will I still have my fees paid for with the exception of the registration fee?
    Am i right in assuming that I will need to just cover books, travel and registration fees of circa €3,000 or am I missing anything else?:confused:

I think that's about right. If you've never been to 3rd level before than you're entitled to free fees in certain places. Don't know if it's any use to you but AFAIK the 9 months for BTEA can be built up over a number of years once there is no breaks longer than 12 months in you claiming social welfare.

Advertisement