Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico | Real Madrid -v- Barcelona | 8.00pm SS1

• 23-03-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe there's not a thread on this yet but anyway...

Real Madrid 70 (+51)
    Atletico Madrid 70 (+45)
    Barcelona 66 (+59)

Atleti beat Betis 2-0 earlier today.

Barcelona lose this and they're pretty much out of the title race.

For me; a cagey 1-1 draw with Ronaldo opening the scoring and Messi equalising with some brand of wonder goal and Ramos to be booked!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not a bad old game to have for a Sunday evening I guess;)

Fancy draw too or a Madrid win by odd goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Atletico are actually top at the minute due to the head to head. Hoping for a Barcelona win tonight to tighten everything up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope it's actually a good game for once instead of a showcase for the worst play-acting in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Only 2 things in life certain, Death and Ramos booked in the Clasico.

Hope it's a good game though, with Real sneaking a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I usually always hope for a Barca win but I'd say by the end of this thread I'll be cheering on Madrid. And I really don't like Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

My predictions:

Ramos or Pepe to get sent off.
    A controversial penalty.
    Both Messi and Ronaldo to score.
    Bale to score.
    Real Madrid win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hoping for a Barca win to keep things interesting at the top. Would go for a 2-2 draw though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not confident for Barca at all. Can see a comfortable win for Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Corholio wrote: »
    Only 2 things in life certain, Death and Ramos booked in the Clasico.

Hope it's a good game though, with Real sneaking a win.

11/13 on 888sport apparently.

Free money. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Real Madrid look like a better team. They're in better form and are at home. Also I have money on Madrid so that means Barca will probably win.

• Advertisement

I do think Madrid will win this. They seem to have a swagger about them lately whilst Barca stumble a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think Madrid will do it and hopefully. Best team in Spain this year and think they will get at Barca's backline a good bit tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Barca to win. I may be blinded but I think we can nick it and keep the race for first going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Barca for me. Last hurrah for some great players as Barca head for a transition period. One more kick in them hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Come on Barca, keep this title chase alive.

My bet for the night is Ramos, Pepe & Mascherano all to be booked @ 100/30 with Skybet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Real Madrid starting XI: Diego Lopez; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Alonso, Modric, Di Maria; Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale.

Real Madrid Subs: Casillas, Varane, Coentrao, Nacho, Illarramendi, Isco, Morata.

Barcelona XI to play Real Madrid: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba, Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi, Neymar.

BARÇA subs : Pinto, Bartra, Adriano, Song, Sergi Roberto, Pedro, Alexis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hala madrid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Want Barca to win as I would love to see Atleti win the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Tonight at the Santiago Bernabeu, Barcelona will do battle with their two greatest rivals, a white-hot Real Madrid side under the management of serial winner Carlo Ancelotti and spurred on by super-athletes Ronaldo and Bale. Tonight's even more fierce rival is time. Time that many say has caught up with Barcelona, time that many say has been waning the powers of the mesmeric, all conquering Barcelona side of Guardiola. Time and a sweeping malaise, they say, may be why this is the last hurrah for this group of players. Puyol is leaving, Valdes is leaving, Xavi's time as Barcelona's pass master may be waning, others could be leaving the Camp Nou in the summer to be replaced by new faces.

It's a big ask for any side to go to the Bernabeu and win, that's precisely what Barcelona must do tonight if they are to remain in contention to retain their league crown. It's an especially big ask of a side who have been continuously castigated by media from afar and at home, under a coach whose position has bordered on untenable, who have had to deal with off the pitch controversies and a side who they say are on their way down, against a Real Madrid side on their way up. It's a big ask, but this group of Barcelona players have achieved glorious careers from answering big asks. Tonight Barcelona enter the Santiago Bernabeu as underdogs, they enter the Bernabeu as a group who have achieved remarkable results at this setting, now they require one more remarkable result, the league table demands it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i hope barca win. it will be very tough as real madrid are amazing this season. i also hope king messi outscores ronny too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Barca have played well when in matters. 2-1 to Barca or 2-2. Should be a cracking game. Barca cannot afford to lose.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Every year I care about this game less and less. Still, I hope Real win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Expecting Real to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Every year I care about this game less and less. Still, I hope Real win today.

Mourinho is gone so its more about the football now than it has been for a couple years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Every year I care about this game less and less.

Possibly the fiercest rivals in soccer, how can anyone miss this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Prediction: The actual playing time to be circa 02:46 seconds due to the amount of diving, cheating, and fighting during the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bohsboy wrote: »

Watching 22 grown men acting like complete children for 90 minutes can be a bit off-putting for some people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Hoping that Madrid destroy Barca, I would love if they just got on with football instead of diving, cheating, crying and general fannying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus that's a powerful song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will we see a Messi masterclass? Hope so.

Ray Hudson is an utterly horrific commentator. How is he still employed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bah god xavi has a new hair cut

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Mourinho is gone so its more about the football now than it has been for a couple years.

While Mourinho's odious presence is indeed not there, it matters little to me , In general I have little time for either club in so many regards. A few players for Real will have me leaning towards them tonight, but that's about it. I'd also much rather Atleti win the league (so perhaps a draw is better after checked on the league table there, actually thought the win earlier in Betis would take them 3 clear), a club and set of supporters who'll truly appreciate it the honour that is winning a league title, it's something that would be brilliant for Spanish football even if in the short term due to these clubs splashing another ridiculous amount in the summer once again on players and thus widening the gap between them and the rest.
    bohsboy wrote: »

Well, I never said I'd miss it. I'll have it on in the background and focus more so on other things. Thankfully I won't be watching on Sky Sports. The thought of Gerry Armstrong with his cacks around his ankles commentating on a game containing Barca would result in me either changing the channel or banging my head off a wall repeatedly after cringing beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hala me hole!! Iniesta!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great finish from iniesta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Some finish from Iniesta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Ejaculate everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lovely goal..

what a player

Ray Hudson just had an orgasm live on Bein Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Some hit by Iniesta. Clearly I don't like Barca, but this result would leave Atletico top which makes me very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Have to love Iniesta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great goal by Iniesta he smashed that into the back of the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Some finish!!

Beautiful goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nearly ripped the net. Brilliant build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ohhhh Iniesta's left foot is blessed, it's a rocket off the foot of the midfield talisman. Time has one conqueror, Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

This game has no atmosphere whatsoever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement