Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico | Real Madrid -v- Barcelona | 8.00pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That was worrying, you'd expect to see a player of Neymar's potential show some killer instinct and stick that away rather than wait for contact.

I think he 'slowed' down to actually control the ball for taking a shot and not pushing it too close to the keeper. I really hope he didn't decelerate show someone would bump him from behind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jernal wrote: »
    Yeah, what's with that. He scores like mad with left boot lately!:confused:

maybe he's finally accepting being the left side of the front three and "sod it I'll have to have a shot"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

pen.gif

Neymar catches his foot in the ground which causes him to hurtle to the ground, no contact from Ramos. Its a dive plain as day.

He was clean through and for such a top player he should be able to get a shot off atleast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

great game.. thought Benzema and Di Maria were excellent for Madrid.. Iniesta, Alba, Xavi and Messi were Barcas standouts. Neymar was very poor. looks low on confidence. Madrid may struggle in teh big games the tracking of Bale and Ronaldo is non existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

rob316 wrote: »
    pen.gif

Neymar catches his foot in the ground which causes him to hurtle to the ground, no contact from Ramos. Its a dive plain as day.

He was clean through and for such a top player he should be able to get a shot off atleast.

I don't think he caught his foot. He felt the slight touch on his left shoulder and threw himself to the ground.

Need the original footage. I've seen stuff from these games before where both sides actually photoshop and selectively edit the footage. It's rather hilarious actually. Think Sid Lowe it was that wrote an excellent article on it. More highlights shown of refereeing decisions and computer stuff than actual highlights of chances even when on paper there's more chances on goal than these moments. It's not just the Real- Madrid games either. It's endemic spain for every decision to analysed, doctored, distorted, conspiracy theories to be spouted one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

pen.gif

But was his heel clipped before he caught his foot in the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

pen.gif

Why didn't Ramos complain though.

But was his heel clipped before he caught his foot in the ground?

Hard to tell but it looks like he goes down once his left foot kicks the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why didn't Ramos complain though.

He was too busy laughing at the decision

That gif angle doesn't even show the necessary incident anyway. Ramos's left foot isn't even visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

When I first saw it I thought it was pretty obvious that Ramos left foot catches Neymars left foot and then he hits it into the ground. That gif shows nothing tbh, the zoom in and then zoom out at the crucial point are lol. Must have been made by some Real fanatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

pen.gif

His right heel is clipped by Ramos's right knee and he loses his balance as he is travelling at speed.
    No way do I believe he'd dive when it was easier to score.

Good old Ramos was up to his usual tricks all night ,himself and Pepe have the be the most odious pair of centre backs in World football.

More highlights shown of refereeing decisions and computer stuff than actual highlights of chances even when on paper there's more chances on goal than these moments. It's not just the Real- Madrid games either. It's endemic spain for every decision to analysed, doctored, distorted, conspiracy theories to be spouted one way or another.

Was it Bilbao a few years ago where Marca etc showed a doctored offside line in the Nou Camp on their front page as an injustice. Doctored so much that it missed a player who was playing Alves onside:pac:

His right heel is clipped by Ramos's right knee and he loses his balance as he is travelling at speed.

Good old Ramos was up to his usual tricks all night ,himself and Pepe have the be the most odious pair of centre backs in World football.

Going away from goal, easier to dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No doubt that all the penalties were fouls although Ronaldo's looked outside the box.

Neymar was certainly clipped as he went by Ramos and I'm in full agreement with you that he is not going down there with a great chance to score. Red card is what it is, personally think its unfair because Ramos to me looked like he had given up the ghost and was not trying to foul him, I think it was incidental contact and I don't think there should be a red card in those circumstances.

I wonder what odds you'd get on the old reliables before the match.
    Ramos to be sent off,Alonso to get booked,Messi and Ronaldo to score and a penalty to be awarded ,would have been a nice accumulator :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

His right foot is then fully planted on the floor and he proceeds to trip himself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Spanish football, Neymars was always a peno. Ronaldo's was a definate foul outside the box. Iniesta's was lucky for an away team. Dunno why people are so shocked that they were given if they watch a little more of the general league games there are always alot of theatrics.

At least this was an El Classico, they have a usual case of being not so classic at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mars Bar wrote: »
    His right foot is then fully planted on the floor and he proceeds to trip himself up.
    Have you never had that happen where you got clipped and your foot landed normally but you still go down? I've had it happen, I think its got to do with expecting not to stay upright so you just go over anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

The same thing happens in the premiership as well.

Doesn't make it right or even enjoyable to watch

Going away from goal, easier to dive.

He isnt really going away from goal and as he is very good with his left foot its an easy finish for him.

The right foot wobbles when planted on the ground ,he is off balance and beginning to fall over.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have you never had that happen where you got clipped and your foot landed normally but you still go down? I've had it happen, I think its got to do with expecting not to stay upright so you just go over anyways.

(Not referring to the Neymar incident as not happy with that gif need video footage of all the angles.)

Ankle taps in rugby are a good example of this. The player may still plant their foot after the first step or so but their momentum is disturbed so much they still stumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

eagle eye wrote: »

I remember being tripped up in a similar fashion to Ronaldo's tonight and it surprised me. No doubt it looked like a dive but my right foot just wasn't where I was expecting it to be and fell over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I remember being tripped up in a similar fashion to Ronaldo's tonight and it surprised me. No doubt it looked like a dive but my right foot just wasn't where I was expecting it to be and fell over!

Is that you Neymar ?

He took his knee and clipped his ankle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Come on he dived. He was fouled originally but he pushed both feet back and dived once in box.

dfx- wrote: »
    Was it Bilbao a few years ago where Marca etc showed a doctored offside line in the Nou Camp on their front page as an injustice. Doctored so much that it missed a player who was playing Alves onside:pac:

Here we are, top one was published, bottom half is the play...

AS1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

AS1.jpg
    Alves is still off though as his body & head are ahead of the Bilbao defender
    that line is not straight either look at the Grass cut lines

MD1990 wrote: »
    Alves is still off though as his bod & head are ahead of the Bilbao defender
    that line is not straight either

Line is parallel with the pitch lines so either pitch isn't straight or we're being tricked by the camera angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

AS1.jpg

Both are well offside. But shows up Marca alright.

This game really exemplified the difference in class between Messi and Ronaldo. Ronaldo has all the attributes but Messi is a footballing genius.

Line is parallel with the pitch lines so either pitch isn't straight or we're being tricked by the camera angle.
    look at the grass cut lines its not straight at all

MD1990 wrote: »
    look at the grass cut lines its not straight at all

None of the grass cut lines look at the same angle.

yes because of the camera angle but look at the space of each of section of the grass
    & then look at the yellow line its not at a 90 degree angle to the far touchline

it's not taken at the same time or the same angle I think. The bottom image is maybe a second or two later, judging on the distance between Alves and the full back.

it's not taken at the same time or the same angle I think. The bottom image is maybe a second or two later, judging on the distance between Alves and the full back.
    yeah the ball is a bit off Xavi's foot so not an accurate photo
    he probably was onside though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Three penalties and not one should have been awarded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

astonaidan wrote: »
    Three penalties and not one should have been awarded

Not so sure about the Neymar one, he did get clipped by Ramos:

http://gfycat.com/BarrenUnlinedBooby

Although I believe he may have been offside ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Neymars probably was a penalty, that tap was enough to award it despite Neymars theatrics afterwards. Ronaldo's obviously wasn't a penalty, the Xavi one I'm not sure but I wouldn't blame the ref too much for giving it.

Real blew it when Messi scored the equaliser just before half time, they were comfortable and Barca weren't creating many chances then. They just couldn't clear the ball and Messi punished them. Benzema's missed chances were the difference IMO, he should be putting away definitely 1, if not 2 of his chances. It's a pity Ramos and Pepe are head cases, because they really are very good defenders when they cut that **** out. Thought Pepe had a good game tonight.

Was a pretty good game overall, and glad it didn't quite boil over as it threatened to do after the Pepe-Cesc incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Not so sure about the Neymar one, he did get clipped by Ramos:

http://gfycat.com/BarrenUnlinedBooby

Although I believe he may have been offside ?
    Well mostly the offside I was talking about

Ronaldo claimed they were playing against 12 men. Ramos wasn't exactly conspiracy free either. Ancellotti to his credit just said mistakes cost them game and he wasn't going to address any refereeing questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's funny Ronaldo should say that because his penalty was the only decision that the ref clearly got wrong. As I said at the time though, i can't blame the ref for awarding the penalty as it looked like it might have been inside the box.

I thought the ref did well to be honest. Lot of pressure on him in such a huge fixture and there is cheating from both sides that he has to contend with. It's not easy.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Spain or Barca have never lost a game that Iniesta has scored in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I suppose when you watch football these days you gotta take it with a pinch of salt. Its like watching a WWE wrestling match, you know its not real but its still entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Great game last night and little or no play acting till that Pepe & Fabregas incident after Messi scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Spain or Barca have never lost a game that Iniesta has scored in.

He doesnt actually score that often though

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Great game last night and little or no play acting till that Pepe & Fabregas incident after Messi scored.

Yep have to agree with this and one of the better games with no bulkshįt since probably the mid '00s.

also the absence of Maureen from LaLiga has helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Ronaldo claimed they were playing against 12 men. Ramos wasn't exactly conspiracy free either. Ancellotti to his credit just said mistakes cost them game and he wasn't going to address any refereeing questions.

Laughable to hear Real Madrid players claim the ref was against them. Real Madrid getting a raw deal from a ref at the Bernabau? Towards the end of the game Real players lost their cool and started hacking Barca players. Ref was kind to them and afraid to create an explosive incident, he could easily have sent another one of them off in the final moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

naughtb4 wrote: »
    He doesnt actually score that often though
    Yeah, think the commentator said that last night's goal was the 50th of his career. Was a bit surprised at that. Seems a bit low for a 29 year old. Especially given how talented he is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement