Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico | Real Madrid -v- Barcelona | 8.00pm SS1

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pighead wrote: »
    Yeah, think the commentator said that last night's goal was the 50th of his career. Was a bit surprised at that. Seems a bit low for a 29 year old. Especially given how talented he is.

Was shocked when i saw his record earlier in the year, think he had scored one goal up until a week or two ago.

A great player, no doubt, but i would have expected a much better goal return especially in a team like Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's funny Ronaldo should say that because his penalty was the only decision that the ref clearly got wrong. As I said at the time though, i can't blame the ref for awarding the penalty as it looked like it might have been inside the box.

I thought the ref did well to be honest. Lot of pressure on him in such a huge fixture and there is cheating from both sides that he has to contend with. It's not easy.
    The referee did ok but he didn't have a great game by any stretch. There were a lot of fouls on Real players that were not given early in the game from what I seen.

Later on in the game there were some decisions given that didn't look like fouls. Messi got two free kicks that didn't look like they should have been.

I don't think the referee was one-sided but I don't think he had a great game. He seemed to change his attitude as to what to allow and what to penalise at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

eagle eye wrote: »
    The referee did ok but he didn't have a great game by any stretch. There were a lot of fouls on Real players that were not given early in the game from what I seen.

Later on in the game there were some decisions given that didn't look like fouls. Messi got two free kicks that didn't look like they should have been.

I don't think the referee was one-sided but I don't think he had a great game. He seemed to change his attitude as to what to allow and what to penalise at some stage.
    Isnt that standard, give players a warning, then book when they reoffend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

miralize wrote: »
    Isnt that standard, give players a warning, then book when they reoffend?
    You picked that up wrong, he was letting things go early on that you would deem as fouls but later in the game changed his tune and went to the other extreme of giving fouls that you wouldn't think were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Spain or Barca have never lost a game that Iniesta has scored in.

That's a remarkable statistic.

Also first time in 100 games that Ronaldo scored, but Madrid lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Also, the first game in ages where Xabi Alonso played and lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What I thought was fantastic yesterday was the celebration of the Real Madrid fan with CP after Benzema's second goal.

udOMPWA.gif

It's great to see sport rocking ordinary people to the core. Legend.

Red Crow wrote: »
    What I thought was fantastic yesterday was the celebration of the Real Madrid fan with CP after Benzema's second goal.

udOMPWA.gif

It's great to see sport rocking ordinary people to the core. Legend.

FYP.

FYP.

He's as ordinary as you or me. That was the point dude.

Red Crow wrote: »
    He's as ordinary as you or me. That was the point dude.

Then why need the ordinary adjective?? He is a person showing emotion, and thats great.

• Advertisement

Then why need the ordinary adjective?? He is a person showing emotion, and thats great.

He's an ordinary soccer fan like you or me. I don't really understand why you're taking huge issue with it.

Very petty tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I wanted to see him after Messi's third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just deleted a couple of off topic posts and a pic with an ironic mistake in it. Back on topic now.

Advertisement