Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico | Real Madrid -v- Barcelona | 8.00pm SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Neymar very much flattering to deceive....give me Gareth Bale or Di Maria any day.

You're only saying Di Maria cuz he's playing class tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CSF wrote: »
    A better shot-stopper keeps that out IMO.

Well you can argue that, but I think if he stood planted to the spot watching the ball go in, everyone would be talking about the header.

But because Valdez's reactions was superb and he got a hand to it, he'll get criticised. I genuinely though he saved it at first and was surprised when I saw the net ripple.

I just think Benzema deserves all the credit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Slightly off topic but can anyone tell me who has been the Spanish No. 1 of late and who is likely to be in goals for the WC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Gerry Armstrong on Di Maria: "I'll tell you what, he's on something"

:eek:

Get in Messi!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Super Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Messi makes it 2-2. Cracking game this is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pepe. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well you can argue that, but I think if he stood planted to the spot watching the ball go in, everyone would be talking about the header.

But because Valdez's reactions was superb and he got a hand to it, he'll get criticised. I genuinely though he saved it at first and was surprised when I saw the net ripple.

I just think Benzema deserves all the credit there.
    It was a great header yeah, Benzema deserve loads of credit for the header but I think a better shot stopper comes away from it receiving the plaudits for an excellent save.

• Advertisement

That'd why he's the best in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is this a good game so far? Would it be worth watching the second half? Bearing in mind I despise both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pepe is an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Good man Pepe :rolleyes: Lying down for a minute after that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Brilliant football, mixed with some of the worst play acting you'll see anywhere.

The state of Pepe and Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bbbbbesssssttt in the wwwwooooorrrrllld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What a game of ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BNMC wrote: »
    Diego Forlan agrees.

AC Milan hate him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great little finish from messi.

Took 42 mins for the first but if play acting. Not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The commentators on bein sports would do your nut in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Genius, no other word. When he's most needed he produces. The man's eyes are radars, the smallest gap he can spot and exploit like no other. The greatest of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Jesus, those players are a disgrace. Trying to ruin what is a really good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The reactions of Pepe and fabergas were comical there. They make a mockery of the game sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is this a good game so far? Would it be worth watching the second half? Bearing in mind I despise both teams.

Yup, very clean game and ref is leaving play go on. Cracking match.

Does anyone like pepe?

Genius, no other word. When he's most needed he produces. The man's eyes are radars, the smallest gap he can spot and exploit like no other. The greatest of all time

I was wondering when you'd show up. Low and behold its after a Messi goal.

Also, this referee is doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How to beat Barca...cross the ball into the box. Pique is the only one who can head a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Benzema is brilliant in the air. They should keep feeding in the high ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Genius, no other word. When he's most needed he produces. The man's eyes are radars, the smallest gap he can spot and exploit like no other. The greatest of all time[/quote

Ah now....we all know Kevin Philips was good but.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You were conspicuous in your absence for a certain period of time.

Messi is now the all time top scorer in Clásico matches...he'll probably double that tally if he stays in Barca for the rest of his career...incredible player

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sky called him a former liverpool legend.

His overall career at Anfield wouldn't mark him out to be, but that night in Istanbul does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Dempsey wrote: »
    The commentators on bein sports would do your nut in

You could do much worse than Andy Gray.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Pepe some nasty piece of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Great game, ref has done really well, it's just a pity Gerry Armstrong is such a shyte commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've never had to do this in 10 odd years of using boards but.... can someone tell me how to block/ignore a poster. I can't take any more of his complete masturbatory drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Pepe/Fabregas histrionics aside, that's been a cracking half of football.

Nice to see too big teams going at it hammer and tongs and the game not being strangled by the tactics of one team for a change.

In the face of ravenous beasts Barcelona have rallied and matched their much vaunted rivals. Xavi Hernandez has turned back the clock in central midfield tonight, give the man 3 more years as Barcelona's heartbeat. Pique's outstanding at the back, a barrier upon which many waves of Madrid attacks have crashed. Really it's only been Alves and Mascherano who have been lacking. Barcelona have gone toe to toe with a ferocious Real Madrid side at the Bernabeu, Barcelona's footballing philosophy has proven timeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I was wondering when you'd show up. Low and behold its after a Messi goal.

Thats his second post.
    Attack the post not the poster.

Why you getting narky with him???

• Advertisement

In the face of ravenous beasts Barcelona have rallied and matched their much vaunted rivals. Xavi Hernandez has turned back the clock in central midfield tonight, give the man 3 more years as Barcelona's heartbeat. Pique's outstanding at the back, a barrier upon which many waves of Madrid attacks have crashed. Really it's only been Alves and Mascherano who have been lacking. Barcelona have gone toe to toe with a ferocious Real Madrid side at the Bernabeu, Barcelona's footballing philosophy has proven timeless.

What in the name of jaysus are you on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

quarryman wrote: »
    I've never had to do this in 10 odd years of using boards but.... can someone tell me how to block/ignore a poster. I can't take any more of his complete masturbatory drivel.

Click the name beside the post, the drop down shows "add to ignore lost" or something similar, Bob's your uncle

CSF wrote: »
    You were conspicuous in your absence for a certain period of time.

Well I am watching the game so that will happen from time to time. If I typed everything I shout out I'd never see the game, Iniesta's goal alone would have taken up 10 minutes.

F*ck sake!! What annoys me is I concur!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Two of the best teams in the world playing attacking football, both with at times, dodgy defences..

It's like watching Liverpool v Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This type of posting only serves to wind posters up. There's no need for it. Tone it down.

EDIT: And if you want to argue that warning with me, bring it to PM. Don't go derailing the thread.

Everyone else, back on topic please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

fullstop wrote: »
    How to beat Barca...cross the ball into the box. Pique is the only one who can head a ball.

The paradigm has shifted.

Barca showed you don't have to be big and you can play football around teams who can bully you.

Others have shown that the two aren't mutually exclusive but Barca have yet to catch up and have stubbornly stuck to their guns.
    Having Messi has kept the momentum going anyway though.

Good game so far. The interplay between Neymar and Messi for Messi's goal was simply brilliant.

Just seeing the Benzema goal again.

That touch. That finish. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Gbear wrote: »

Good game so far. The interplay between Neymar and Messi for Messi's goal was simply brilliant.

The defender nicked the ball off Neymar and right in to Messi's path. Pure luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

cson wrote: »
    What in the name of jaysus are you on...

I don't know but I want some

• Advertisement
Advertisement