Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday for 12 y.o. - Where to go in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-03-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Offspring is 12 shortly & I'm stumped where to take him and 6 or 7 buddies!

I need something in Dublin which is accessible by public transport and isn't bowling or movies. Has anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Go Karting? There's one near Ballyfermot that'd be about 20 mins walk from the Luas. http://www.kylemore-karting.com

Has he given any suggestions of what he wants to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Jump Zone!

Trampoline park out near Stillorgan Luas stop - get off the Luas, cross the tracks and the road at the lights, turn right and walk about four mins until you reach the next lights - you'll see the car park and the place right in front of you.

They do "parties" but I'm sure the kids would be delighted if you packed a few cartons of juice and bags of popcorn for them post jumping!

There are plenty of seats for parents to sit and wait (or you could take part) and they serve coffees etc.

You will have to download and print disclaimers for all the parents to sign before you go, they don't let you jump without signing one.

No, I do not work for them, I used to go to the aerobics class there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

Not sure what 12 year old are into but I think Tayto Park do Birthday parties and events, not sure how expensive that would be. They do have public transport from Dublin to the Park in Ashbourne.

http://www.fundays.ie/birthday-party-dublin maybe you finde inspiration here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Tayto Park definitely a bit too babyish for 12 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gertrude2

Thanks for the suggestions. Offspring is interested in the Karting suggestion. I'll check that out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement