Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DVD burner for iPhone video

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Help? I have spent days downloading all kinds of DVD burning software but none if it dies what I need it to do. Quite simply I have about 40 mins of video clips on my iPhone that I have already transferred to memory sticks and I want to put them on a DVD and play them on a DVD player. 1st problem all the mov files were rotated 90 degrees and I could not correct that. I then corrected it with other software and successfully burned DVD+and -R but none of them play on the DVD players?

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Do the DVD players you are using support DVD-R?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

FSL wrote: »
    Do the DVD players you are using support DVD-R?

Yes - the DVD players plays + and - R and RW

Do I have to convert from mov to avi first?

Anyone recommend a free program I can download?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It depends on your DVD Players features. Some players can play .mov or .avi files from a disc. I gather from that question that you have created data discs rather that a DVD-Video disk ?

Ken

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You'll need to re-encode the videos in to DVDs MPEG2 format. Free tools like DVDFlick or DVDStyler can do this. They can also generate a basic menu as well!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

+1 for DVDFlick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BrianMclaren

Sounds like you need to start by getting the movie files off of your phone, then you can use a free windows program like "Format Factory" to get the files into the format that you need for Vegas. As far as h.264 in vegas, check sony's website and see if they have put out any updates. But you may have to buy the latest release to get h.264. If you want to do this for free and don't expect a ton of stuff out of your editor, check out the free program called "VideoPad". Also keep in mind that you can get iMovie for your iPhone and edit right from there. Then just transfer the finished video to your computer and then to DVD. Hope this helps! And let me know if you have any questions. For more details DVD Duplication Services

Many thanks guys for all your replies. I'll get to work.

Sounds like you need to start by getting the movie files off of your phone, then you can use a free windows program like "Format Factory" to get the files into the format that you need for Vegas. As far as h.264 in vegas, check sony's website and see if they have put out any updates. But you may have to buy the latest release to get h.264. If you want to do this for free and don't expect a ton of stuff out of your editor, check out the free program called "VideoPad". Also keep in mind that you can get iMovie for your iPhone and edit right from there. Then just transfer the finished video to your computer and then to DVD. Hope this helps! And let me know if you have any questions. For more details DVD Duplication Services

Many thanks. Videopad worked a treat. Really appreciate you taking the time to give me advice.

Advertisement