Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Ball line-up just announced and seriously impressed with the value for money (€40!)

Clean Bandit
    Katy B
    Laidback Luke
    Le Galaxie

Does anyone know if you have to be a UCD student to buy a ticket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I doubt it. If you walk down to the SU shop you can pick one up no problem...otherwise get someone to buy it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Every year I never recognise anyone on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

It's not bad considering it's only 40 quid, although the acts so far aren't overly exciting. There also seems to be considerably less hype so far this year than previous. Any idea when the next announcement is?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

It's not bad considering it's only 40 quid, although the acts so far aren't overly exciting. There also seems to be considerably less hype so far this year than previous. Any idea when the next announcement is?

I think the prospect of 4 average acts in the O2 has just about killed any hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Katy B - Very popular and good live artist
    Laidback Luke - Would be one of the biggest DJs in the World
    Le Galaxie - Saw them at EP and boy do they put on a show
    Clean Bandit - Meh, song is very popular, don't know too much about them but they'll be good I'd say

O2 - **** venue for such an event, the UCD balls on campus were something else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

All the one genre though, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Surprised people haven't heard of Katy B

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Have heard of Katy B, never heard her music, but that's probably because I'm old :p Line up is crap but for €40 what do you expect? Not my kinda music at all so won't be going. Will be on placement that day and working the next anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

WildRosie wrote: »
    Have heard of Katy B, never heard her music, but that's probably because I'm old :p Line up is crap but for €40 what do you expect? Not my kinda music at all so won't be going. Will be on placement that day and working the next anyway.

How is the line up crap? :confused:

I'd consider the line up of Oxegen most years to be crap, but I'd consider the line up of Tomorrowland or Ultra Miami to be amazing no matter what.

I say fair play for scooping what they did. Its phenomenal value for €40. Laidback Luke alone, if thats your thing, would be €35 easy on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

ironclaw wrote: »

I'd consider the line up of Oxegen most years to be crap, but I'd consider the line up of Tomorrowland or Ultra Miami to be amazing no matter what.

I say fair play for scooping what they did. Its phenomenal value for €40. Laidback Luke alone, if thats your thing, would be €35 easy on his own.

I'd consider the line-up not to be great because of the lack of variety. I like lots of different kinds of music, but had never heard of any of the acts. Looked them up.. and they're just not my kind of thing. All of them.

I'd love to go to a UCD Ball - I've every reason to go this year. I'm a final year, I have no classes that day, and I have a huge presentation the day before. But the music.. it's all so... samey. If you don't like that particular type of dance/electro, then you're pretty much left high and dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ironclaw wrote: »

Surely you realised that you have a specific taste when you were typing this? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tebbie

Have to disagree with Katy B being good live. Saw her at Lovebox. Was completely and utterly lost onstage even with the help of a hypeman. And a terrible hypeman at that... Did meet her though, positively lovely person but don't want to pay €40 for this.

They've definitely picked a demographic, at least they're sticking to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

I haaaaaaaate this genre so much. A bit more variety would have been very welcome. I still bought a ticket cos I figure it'll be like background noise to me for the most part, but still kind of annoyed that they're only catering to one kind of taste.

Advertisement