Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Dr Who Series on Horror Channel from Friday April 18th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BUMP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Has been freaking fantastic so far. I particularly liked the black and white episodes. I'll have to go back to dailymotion again. I seem to remember someone put every single classic who episode up there.

God, those old black and white episodes are soo atmospheric.

Heh heh...

The fat cyberman has to be the best thing I've ever seen in any episode of Doctor Who, ever! Cracks me up everytime I see him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just been watching The Sea Devils (Pertwee), great fun. So cheap and yet perfectly entertaining drama, its also interesting to see various actors in early roles.

Planet of the Daleks up next.

I've just watched that too(all 6 episodes one after another), and then went straight onto The Three Doctors(a mere 4 episodes). I'm loving it all. My Doctor was Tom Baker when I was young so I missed all these completely.

Fantastic, the lot of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Caves of Androzani on today.

Recorded loads and still to watch many of them. I am starting to see Davidson's run in a better light than I remember....

They did'nt hold back on the ould death scenes did they ?

Robots of Death, City of Death, Fang Rock,Brain, Terror of the Autons (Delgado was perfect in this), etc etc

I still think Old Who can hang with the new version, and in many cases is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I've been really enjoying a few of these esp Tom Baker who i always think of as THE Dr, given that its timeslot was about 5.30 PM in the late 70s/early 80s it was pretty dark and "ikky" at times. That plus tight fitting lame suits that probably wouldn't get past the "won't someone think of the children" PC standard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Tom Baker always looked like he was improvising as he was going along, and making it look easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ferg96

I'm really angry because I love both new and classic Doctor Who but I can't get the horror channel

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Watched "Genesis of the Daleks" from Tom Baker's era on horror a week or two ago, as well as "The Aztecs" from Hartnell. Great to see how they made such great use of a rather limited budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

gufnork wrote: »
    I've just watched that too(all 6 episodes one after another), and then went straight onto The Three Doctors(a mere 4 episodes). I'm loving it all. My Doctor was Tom Baker when I was young so I missed all these completely.

Fantastic, the lot of thlem...
    absolutely agreed. 'The Three Doctors' that was the 10th anniversary special from 1973. Also, the ONLY Doctor Who story to featuree the first three doctors even though William Hartnell was extremely ill at the time.

Just recently finished watching "Genesis Of The Daleks" (Tom Baker) the first introduction of Davros! Goodness me! What an excellent story!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Watched "Genesis of the Daleks" from Tom Baker's era on horror a week or two ago, as well as "The Aztecs" from Hartnell. Great to see how they made such great use of a rather limited budget

I've got both of those stories on DVD. Indeed they are absolutely excellent. Agree in relation to what they were able to do with such a small budget. Just goes to show you, that if you have the budget and you're able to use it wisely, you can create amazing stories.

Advertisement