Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aug a1

• 23-03-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking to increase the range of my Aug. My hop helps a Very small bit but it only shoots a few meters an the bb hits the ground plus I have a very slow rof, any idea what parts I should buy to increase the range and rof ?

Any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Well for range u could change out the hop up rubber for a new one (g&g green and h nub) if u say your hop only works a bit.As for slow rof try changing out the motor to a high torque and then go from there as in gears etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Hi I am looking to increase the range of my Aug. My hop helps a Very small bit but it only shoots a few meters an the bb hits the ground plus I have a very slow rof, any idea what parts I should buy to increase the range and rof ?

Any help is appreciated :)

you say only after a few meters your BB hits the ground?
    That sounds worrying to me. How far is a few mate?
    There may be other problems with the AEG other than the hop up which could be contributing to the lack of range.

In my experience AUGs tend to have a pretty high RoF and range, even the JG ones as long as theyre relatively new that is.

If it's a few years old it may need a clean and an update of internals.

But get back to me about the range issue first, it doesn't sound too healthy as you've described it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

10 or 15 meters, i just got it in a trade so not sure how old

10 or 15 meters, i just got it in a trade so not sure how old

so as soon as the BB leaves the barrel they drop after about 15 meters? That's definitely a problem mate. My advice is get that looked at before you do anything.
    Even with the hop up off I'd be surprised if it fired at those short distances.

It might just be time for a new hop up nub and rubber or you may be losing some serious air somewhere.

Are there any retailers near you you can take it to?

• Advertisement

the closest is 2hours away,what should i be checking for ? It had a new hop fitted when i got it

the closest is 2hours away,what should i be checking for ? It had a new hop fitted when i got it

well if it's new than I'd look for incorrect installation so.

Secondly air leaks I guess. do you know what it chrono's at?

Where do you live?

I live in cork, not sure of the fps, where should I check for air leaks ?

I live in cork, not sure of the fps, where should I check for air leaks ?

most effective way of checking for leaks is inside the gearbox itself really. But you can do a quick test by placing a piece of paper over the magwell and dry firing the gun.

Just turn it upside down and make sure it isn't loaded then fire it a few times.

If the page moves a good bit or even falls off or is lifted up than there's a problem in the seal between the hop up and the air nozzle.
    Have you tried adjusting the hop up and seeing if you can get more range out of it?

You said it's a new hop up so why bother changing it again?
    Cork is a bit awkward alright. You may ask on the technical sub forum for someone who is willing to take a look at it who lives near you or ask at your local site?

Thanks mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

I came across this problem in an AUG once before, check is the backplate holding the gearbox in fully and that the hop unit if fully pressed against the gearbox body when you expose the hop up. Be careful with the backplate in the battery compartment though, on the JG body it's very easy to strip the threads/ break the plastic mounts.

Thanks mate

not bother, be sure to post back if you get it sorted or need more help.

the paper did not jump. Anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Then it look like your problem is within the gearbox so its either a damaged Piston Head or a worn Piston O-ring or maybe a drilled cylinder
    Anyway you will probally need to open the gearbox and have a look see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭einheit51

Hi Eoghan,

Just came across this by accident really but did'nt realise you had this issue with
    the AUG.
    When i got this gun in a trade on boards the it had a polymer gearbox broken hop up chamber , worn air nozzle , broken semi switch etc. etc.. a mess!

I replaced all of the above with every stock part i could find ,new where possible.
    I could'nt find a stock JG air nozzle so bought an ultimate one instead .

The compression was excellent when i covered the air and pushed the piston in there was 100% resistance and ther are no venting holes in the cylinder.

The only time i fired it was when i went to chrono it at sight with a 7.4 v nano-tech LIPO and it shot at ~250 fps as i said in the thread with a good ROF.

I would be happy to return your USP and gearbox to you and will pay for the shipping of the AUG back to me if you would pay for the USP shipping as I know how frustrating it can be when these things dont perform as you want.
    I would'nt be happy to think that you are not happy with the trade.

Let me know what you want to do or if i can help.
    Thanks

no it is fine,i kinda like fixing aegs. It is just i want a aeg for skirmishes. But i will sort out the aug. I am happy to trade back if you are unsatisfied by the usp

no it is fine,i kinda like fixing aegs. It is just i want a aeg for skirmishes. But i will sort out the aug. I am happy to trade back if you are unsatisfied by the usp

No Problem Eoghan, have'nt used it yet but i'm sure its fine!

if you have any advice it would be much appreciated:)

if you have any advice it would be much appreciated:)

I am no expert but I read before that there were about 5 different size after market nozzles for the AUG .
    If you could get your hands on an AUG on loan you could quickly interchange their back ends and this would indicate where your pressure is lost hop up or gearbox.
    If its the front end then its most likely that the JG hop-up chamber is incorrectly installed(i dont think it is) or notsuited to the Ultimate air nozzle.I'd replace hop-up chamber with an Ultimate one .
    make sure that the hop-up chamber is correctly pressed onto the nozzle fully.this is achieved with a spring on the inner barrel.(im sure this is).
    if its the back end check for leaks in the usual places and tef tape the Cylinder head and under air nozzle .
    replace the stock battery for better ROF.
    as i said i am no expert but if it helps great.

Advertisement