Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe near train station?

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I will have some time to kill before catching a train from Waterford city (I am not from the area, just passing through) Is there a cafe in the station, or nearby?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Brendan Mason

Hi guys
    I will have some time to kill before catching a train from Waterford city (I am not from the area, just passing through) Is there a cafe in the station, or nearby?

Thanks a million!

There's a small little tuck shop in the station (they will have coffee, sweets, but not much else). If your wait is long, you could just walk to the quay (about ten minutes, across the bridge) where there will be plenty of places to get coffee or food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

If you cross the bridge (right-hand side) and keep going straight on for one block, you will come to the Fitzwilton Hotel, where I imagine you'll easily get a coffee. The bar there is nice.

You could also just walk down along the Quay, where there are plenty of places. The Granary is a favourite of mine - just turn off the Quay at Hanover St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The above suggestions are correct. You could however always hold out in anticipation of the world class coffee and luxury Danish slices they have on the trolley service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks a mill guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

The train station is located a good bit away from anything across the bridge, so give yourself a good 15 minutes to make it back in time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement