Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxing in Cork

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow Cork ladies!

I know there was a thread on this before Christmas but I didn't want to resurrect an old thread.

I normally go to CityWax in Blackrock as they are excellent, but to be honest they are quite out of my way!

I've been doing a bit of research and it seems two of the best places in the city centre are Fifth Avenue and Adoré.

I'm just wondering if anyone here could give me any feedback on either (or both) of these, did you have a good experience and what are the prices like?

Fifth Avenue seem to be good value, but I can't find prices for Adoré anywhere!

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

I've been to Fifth Avenue quite a few times and I think they are quite good. The therapists are very nice and they do a good job. It's not quite as fancy as CityWax - no heated chairs or tvs - but it is quite a bit cheaper. I think its €40 for a hollywood and €32 for a brazillian.

I haven't been to Adoré so I'm afraid I can't advise on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I get a leg wax from asana in the back douglas village and i find them very good. Fast. I'm a wax wussy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Thanks for the replies! :) I'm not too worried about the fanciness of a place, as long as it's spotless and the therapists are good and friendly, I'll be happy.

I've heard of Asana before but Douglas is more out of my way than Blackrock unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Can't reccomed 5th Avenue highly enough. Very reasonably priced, fab service, and well trained staff. I've never had such a pleasant experience of waxing as I've had there. I've been getting bikini/brazillian waxing done for years and their therapists are so well trained that it hardly hurts at all, in comparison to other places I've gotten it done.

I used to go to Thalgo in Ballyphehane but after one session in 5th Avenue I'm a convert. Amazing service for the prices they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Thank you! :)

I think I'll just go ahead and book with Fifth Avenue, their prices are really good and clearly the staff are lovely.

Thanks for all the help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Hello fellow Cork ladies!

I know there was a thread on this before Christmas but I didn't want to resurrect an old thread.

I normally go to CityWax in Blackrock as they are excellent, but to be honest they are quite out of my way!

I've been doing a bit of research and it seems two of the best places in the city centre are Fifth Avenue and Adoré.

I'm just wondering if anyone here could give me any feedback on either (or both) of these, did you have a good experience and what are the prices like?

Fifth Avenue seem to be good value, but I can't find prices for Adoré anywhere!

Thanks in advance! :)

Wax Boutique at Penrose Wharf are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 claredearg

Hi there,

I've been to City Wax based on advice from here and was a bit disappointed to be honest. Maybe it was a bad day, or inexperienced waxer but I found it to be physically and financially very painful! I

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I quite liked Fifth Avenue, decent price and she knew what she was doing. Going to try a new beautician thats started up recently next week, I'll let you know how it goes- been a long time since I got a bikini done by strip but others are swearing by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Couldn't disagree more in relation to Fifth Avenue - went there when back in Ireland recently based on the recommendations here (cheers guys!) and it was awful. The wax was too hot (no temp check done) and I ended up having to shave the area when I got home as there were larges patches she missed.

Also they double dip with the spatulas - I found it a bit ironic she wore gloves to protect herself but was ok with whatever is lurking in the wax pot having used the one applicator to do my wax and presumably that of other clients. I've had great manicures in there before but their waxing service was a total let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I had gone to fifth avenue about a year ago and I had no complaints but this time round I completely agree pow wow. Sorry about the recommendation...I'll be going elsewhere in future methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I had my eyebrows done in Adore. I found them very helpful. No pain in the waxing. They recommended eyebrow tinting for me but there was no pressure to getting it done. I'll be going back once I have a bit of spare cash.

The also let me off a euro or two because they didn't have the right change, which was very nice of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Adore are pretty good for waxing, but a bit pricey, I think.

Advertisement