Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best food for silver dollars / angels

Options
  • 23-03-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Iv 4 2-3" silver dollars
    1 iridescent shark 3"
    1 angel 3"
    2 small dwarf gurrami's (donno how to spell it lol)
    4 neons ( big for neons)
    2 cory dorys
    1 medium tiger barbs
    a 1" clown pleco
    A 4" gold pleco.

Ill get to to point eventually.

I feed them tetra prima. Cos I thought it much cleaner than flakes.
    I give the silver dollars a occasional wafer ( new life spectrum h20 stable wafers) they go mad for them.

guy in shop sed iv have nitrate problems with a high meat content food which I believe the tetra prima to be. And I do sometimes have nitrate issues. And im pretty sure im not over feeding.

What food do you use/ recommend.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I recently got rid of my Dollars but I found they loved cichlid pellets. Never had an issue with the water being fouled either.

And don't worry *too* much about Nitrate problems...the fish can withstand more than you might think...in their natural habitat they would be subject to flooding,drought,muddy water,hot sun,etc etc.

Advertisement