Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Sushi

Options
  • 23-03-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

I see a 'Sushi and Noodle' place is moving into the old Pizza Hut location.
    Anyone know when it opens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Today at 1 pm. Just passed by and saw the sign

Had a sneaky peek in today while I was in the village, a few bodies in there already, nice set up inside. Bigger than i thought. Took the menu with me as they do delivery too. Can't wait to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I got a take away from it last night, some seafood noodle dish for €9.50. Very impressed, I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

what's it actually called?

Riskymove wrote: »
    what's it actually called?

Hokkaido Sushi and Noodle Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Got sushi and maki from them last night. Canned tuna in my spicy tuna maki also which was quite frankly terrible. No soy sauce either. Hopefully it will improve but canned Tuna is not ok for a Sushi bar

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Myself and a few friends went here last night for the first time. 2 of us have spent some time in Tokyo. The chef/owner is extremely talented and friendly. We sat at the sushi bar.

For anyone looking for an authentic experience (strange to hear about the canned tuna, ours was cut in front of us off the steak. ), this is the place to go. Much prefer here to Yamamori.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Got take away from here tonight. Really enjoyed it,got number 137 on the menu,chicken and noodles,very tasty and fresh. Will definitely be eating from here again.
    Hope it does well and doesn't close down after a couple of months.

Oh one thing,their delivery service is not up and running just yet and its cash only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Had lunch here this afternoon.

Food and staff were great! One thing though, the salmon in my spicy salmon maki had a tinned consistency to it. I got the salmon and avocado maki during the week as takeaway and it was raw salmon as expected so I was a little surprised but it tasted nice all the same.

It's so good to finally have a decent restaurant in Celbridge. I can only hope that the locals appreciate it so that it doesn't close. We'll certainly be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Don't suppose anyone has a menu for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Got a delivery tonight. Really good, I hope it stays open now.

Meant to post last week - was treated there for Mother's Day. Had a selection of sushi which was good, then a teppan beef teriyaki which was excellent, not overly sweet. Staff were lovely and attentive.
    Will pop in again for lunch sometime this week. As previous posters, I hope they stay open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Janechen

saffron22 wrote: »
    Got sushi and maki from them last night. Canned tuna in my spicy tuna maki also which was quite frankly terrible. No soy sauce either. Hopefully it will improve but canned Tuna is not ok for a Sushi bar

Sorry to correct you, spicy tuna maki are all made from fresh tuna. We never used canned in our sushi bar.

saffron22 wrote: »

All the fishes are fresh made. Spicy tuna maki are made from fresh tuna, never used canned in the restaurant.

Toulouse wrote: »
    Had lunch here this afternoon.

Food and staff were great! One thing though, the salmon in my spicy salmon maki had a tinned consistency to it. I got the salmon and avocado maki during the week as takeaway and it was raw salmon as expected so I was a little surprised but it tasted nice all the same.

It's so good to finally have a decent restaurant in Celbridge. I can only hope that the locals appreciate it so that it doesn't close. We'll certainly be returning.

All the spicy salmon and spicy tuna are made from fresh fish by the sushi chef. Have to say 100 percent guarantee .never use tinned in our sushi. Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Janechen wrote: »
    All the spicy salmon and spicy tuna are made from fresh fish by the sushi chef. Have to say 100 percent guarantee .never use tinned in our sushi. Thanks .

Any chance of an aul link to your menu or website?

Not getting much joy on d' aul google....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Any chance of an aul link to your menu or website?
    I think that's what got them banned !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

An idea of the menu, dropped in the door. Click for full size.

M5z96pCs.jpg

e0JXZpXs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

brian_t wrote: »
    I think that's what got them banned !

Don't think they have any on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 qiuzhen

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Got take away from here tonight. Really enjoyed it,got number 137 on the menu,chicken and noodles,very tasty and fresh. Will definitely be eating from here again.
    Hope it does well and doesn't close down after a couple of months.

Oh one thing,their delivery service is not up and running just yet and its cash only.
    Delivery service is running now & credit card accept as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

qiuzhen wrote: »
    Delivery service is running now & credit card accept as well.

Thanks! got take away from here again last night, we collected it though. Glad delivery is up and running , its fast becoming my new favourite place to eat in celbridge, tried the sushi, really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Had lunch here the first week it opened. We were pleasantly surprised. Great use of the space, lovely staff and the food was better than any of the Japanese restaurants in Dublin imo.
    There was great banter between the people at the sushi bar and those of us seated at tables. Will definitly be back. :-)
    Yaki Udon was gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Narnia09

Great to have a place like this in the local area. Been there twice now and hope it does well.

My one downfall is having "Crab" on a menu but serving cheap crabsticks/ seafood highter, seafood extender things.
    €3 for "Sushi Gunkan Crab Salad" and getting those crabsticks was very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 qiuzhen

great news! hokkaido sushi japanese in celbridge will be first tasting evening on 18th of May . good opporunity to get more experience for sushi and traditioal japanese food. half price for kids under 10yrs. booking essential, thers is phone number 016271666 to get more info about it. Don't miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Another +1 for this place, had takeaway and also went for bento box and sushi, everything was good. Definitely better than Yamamori (for sushi at least), and on a par I'd say with Michio. Apparently some of the staff of Hokkaido were in Akasaka, the Castleknock restaurant, for those that remember that place - it's been serving different ethnic foods for some years now, but was a very good restaurant in its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭nailik

I've been here four times in the last two months - the sushi and ramens are the best I've had in Ireland, and I've been to every Japanese restaurant in Dublin. I couldn't recommend it more. (I've no link to this place, other than I love it and want it to get super popular and stay open for ever!)

Advertisement