Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 4 Episode 15 - "US" [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

cjmcork wrote: »
    so I missed her introduce herself at the end cos I was shouting - that's only Tasha Bloody Yar!

I had to re-watch the end to check for myself. I didn't spot her at first as she got old. Then I realised TNG Season 1 was almost 30 years ago. Which means I'm old too.:(

I enjoyed the episode, some decent dialogue from the newest characters. Still, the whole "we're tracking the guy who killed our buddy" vibe from guys with Daryll is a lame pretext to shoehorn them into the script. They beat one of their own to death without batting an eyelid, but they're going to chase down someone else who kill one of them? Puh-leaaase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the most important question here is: What happened Rosita's shorts?

Seriously though, what is it with these people that they find somewhere safe and they never seem to close gates behind them. Pretty sure they left at least one of Terminus' gates open. And last week Carol opened the fence when leavng and just threw it o the ground, not caring if someone else may want to use the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I found that very meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Liamalone wrote: »
    Must've been one hell of a tunnel for Maggie and Co just to be appearing as Eugene got there.

As for the shooting the roof of said tunnel, lol, seemed stupid and that's not taking into account the amount of fallen debris for the 'hole'

They've really dropped the ball this series and that says something considering the mess that series three.
    Maggie shot the last of her bullets into the ceiling and Abraham had six left, yet they suddenly had amo to take out all the walkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

If Rosita and Toadfish, sorry Eugene, procreated, those nerds would get laid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

My thoughts on Terminus: How the hell have they remained safe? They seem to have barely any walls or fences. The outer fence is flimsy as, and the gates wide open so anyone can just walse in?! Not very Walker proof.

I really like Joe, I like his logic and just his character (which is a stark comparison to how I felt about that actor in Sons of Anarchy). I also am questioning did Rick need to kill that guy in the bathroom? Ricks first reaction was to attack him, not to try reason with him/see what he was about

For anyone interested, look up the New Zealand trailer for next weeks episode. Want to know what Terminus is really about? Check that out. There are spoilers though in that 30 second clip though so be warned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

When Red Head Military man and Eugene and tiny shorts found the car that had the walker in it and Red Head Military man killed the walker and started the car, he wiped the front windscreen - we could see something written in the windscreen dirt before he did that - what was written?

It doesnt make any sense how Red Head Military man was making a big deal about them all staying together when they were at the way station on the tracks and Glenn did the deal with swapping the riot gear to Eugene - but then a couple of miles down the road the meet a tunnel and Red Head Military man goes "Right, we part ways here then".

Also - its not believable the guys with Daryl are after revenge - why would they bother? They killed one of their own without a second thought?

When Maggie/Glenn etc approached Terminus and the crappy music was playing I thought itd be hilarious if the camera panned around and there was a hippy guy with a guitar sitting there singing to them. Instead we got a hippy woman - looks like a red shirt to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

what was written?

I think it said "LET MOMMA BE"

Ie. some kid wrote it about their mum who was the walker in the van

I thought it was a decent episode - setting us up for the finale. Safe to say there is definitely something off about Terminus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

maximoose wrote: »
    I think it said "LET MOMMA BE"

Ie. some kid wrote it about their mum who was the walker in the van

Thanks Maximoose - I only half saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I reckon they are actually part of Terminus and they collect groups of people in order to cook them (see the prime juicy steaks being cooked at the last scene- Im betting thats a piece of Beth!).

Surely they would dry age the Beth steak for at least 21 days before eating it? :pac:

Maybe they were cooking zombie steaks. There's plenty of them knocking around so it would make sense as long as it doesn't kill them and turn them into one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

This terminus story tho, could be another governer storyline ?

You'd think in a situation like this all HUMANS would band together and fight the major threat ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Did anyone else think "Day of the living Dead" when they showed the zombie in the tunnel dressed in blue and red?

Also - its not believable the guys with Daryl are after revenge - why would they bother? They killed one of their own without a second thought?
    The guys with Daryl are basically a bunch of Merles'. They thrive on violence and couldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves. They have their own set of rules and anyone who violates them must pay. You've seen how they treat their own when p!ssed off, imagine what they have planned for Rick? I would find it more unbelievable if they didn't go after Rick. It's not like they have anything better to do.
    My thoughts on Terminus: How the hell have they remained safe? They seem to have barely any walls or fences. The outer fence is flimsy as, and the gates wide open so anyone can just walse in?! Not very Walker proof.
    I have a feeling there are lots of scouts in the area and in the buildings and any walkers are dealt with long before they get to the fence. The apparent lack of security could be to lead new survivors to believe that the Terminus people aren't a treat. Lull them in, drug them, have them for dinner, use their ashes to fertilise the flowers :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I really like Joe, I like his logic and just his character (which is a stark comparison to how I felt about that actor in Sons of Anarchy). I also am questioning did Rick need to kill that guy in the bathroom? Ricks first reaction was to attack him, not to try reason with him/see what he was about

For anyone interested, look up the New Zealand trailer for next weeks episode. Want to know what Terminus is really about? Check that out. There are spoilers though in that 30 second clip though so be warned

Yer man went for his Uzi when he saw Rick. He had no doubt in his mind what he was going to do imo

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Think this season has been poorly written and needlessly tedious at times. Lots of character exposition like we havent seen these characters for years now.

The Eugene group seems really weirdly out of place, like they are caricatures rather than real people. The guy with the red hair has it perfectly quiffed, razored and tidy (how!?) and seems to speak only in military cliches. Eugene seems unbelieveable and has offered absolutely no evidence that he has any idea what caused the outbreak or how to stop it, yet everyone jumps to believe him despite him seeming to be an idiot a lot of the time. And then there is the Lara-Croft-Alike woman who is just seriously WTF? they seem almost JarJar-Binks level of comic-relief and one dimensional characters.

I couldnt believe it when they said it was the season finale next week... I've been waiting for this season to get into its stride!! Splitting the storylines into so many characters just bogged the whole thing down and meant that no one could get much story developed.

Terminus is SUUCH an obvious trap that again I'm sitting here going "wow after all they have been through, these are the most gullible f*cks I have ever seen". Its so ham fistedly written that I can only believe that the big cliffhanger twist is that its actually a refuge and everything is awesome there. That... would be shocking. lol!

Not a good season imho. (can you tell?!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say if they are cannibals, Beth and Rosita are safe enough since there's not a lot on them to eat. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say if they are cannibals, Beth and Rosita are safe enough since there's not a lot on them to eat. :)

I wouldn't mind eating out Rosita.....

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They would make a fine stock for a nice stew or soup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

post number 70
    Claimed

RIP Len
    He shall be missed.
    Supposedly before the outbreak he was quite the gent who had no ego or sense of self importance and would regularly have a few drinks with and chat to anyone who approached him.

250px-Season_four_len.png

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Len

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Maggie shot the last of her bullets into the ceiling and Abraham had six left, yet they suddenly had amo to take out all the walkers?

Maggie said she threw a granade up into the roof I thought. .??
    My problem with that whole time line is how short the tunnel must have been for them to have met maggie etc on the other side. .. I mean seriously to follow that time line they must have only been a few steps behind & then surely they would have heard such a big explosion even inside a tunnel!!

And seriously. .. all those stupid rules from the crew Daryll has attached himself too...?? Can't see 'claim' working for very long with a bunch like that! ! Reminds me of when I was a child & shouting 'bagsey sitting in the front. ..' with my sisters!! 'I'm having the last bun. ..' 'didn't say bagsey!!!' Ah sh1t!!!

Other than that another slowish moving episode though I'm not complaining. .. Any TWD is better than no TWD!!!

iPink wrote: »
    Maggie said she threw a granade up into the roof I thought. .??
    My problem with that whole time line is how short the tunnel must have been for them to have met maggie etc on the other side. .. I mean seriously to follow that time line they must have only been a few steps behind & then surely they would have heard such a big explosion even inside a tunnel!!

And seriously. .. all those stupid rules from the crew Daryll has attached himself too...?? Can't see 'claim' working for very long with a bunch like that! ! Reminds me of when I was a child & shooting 'bagsey sitting in the front. ..' with my sisters!! 'I'm sitting in the front. ..' 'didn't say bagsey!!!'

Other than that another slowish moving episode though I'm not complaining. .. Any TWD is better than no TWD!!!

Wasn't a grenade. She said she fired the rest of her clip into the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Wasn't a grenade. She said she fired the rest of her clip into the roof.

I sit corrected! Thanks didn't hear it properly! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That idiot with the mullet knows about as much about what caused the outbreak as my cat. The other people are only following him because gingers military training has ingrained in him the need for a defined purpose that he can work towards, a mission. Without that I reckon he'd suffer a bit of an identity crisis and wouldn't really know what to do with himself. The mission is his way of coping with how the world has gone to sh!t and everyone he loves is probably dead or worse.

Terminus is obviously bad news. I was a bit disappointed with the writing there. No security setup whatsoever. All doors open just stroll on in to find granny cooking up a few questionable looking steaks just in time for the hungry survivors arrival.

Gimme a break.

I like Darryl's group though, especially the leader guy.

Hopefully Joe groups will track down the terrorist band led by serial killer Rick Grimes
    aka "the butcher of woodbury" and get revenge for the murder of their comrade
    Lou
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Lou_(TV_Series)
    Season_four_lou.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

the_monkey wrote: »
    You'd think in a situation like this all HUMANS would band together and fight the major threat ???

You'd think so, but humans will continue to be humans, and without authority or a policed state you would have "bad" people turning into animals. Imagine if Ireland decided that there was no longer a military or Gardaí. Riots, murder, rape, pillaging, criminals will always be criminals and will do whatever they can to survive or thrive.

Or just play DayZ for a couple of hours and you'll find very few nice people, and mostly people who shoot you for your loot. :-/

As for the episode, it was good, paced nicely, and was nice to get a few different groups getting action. I'm not sure if Eugene is autistic, but he definitely shows some autistic tendencies. I believe he thinks he has the reason, but it's not the reason. Army Guy, as someone said above, needs a mission and it's his way of coping. Lara Croft, i've no idea, but she's easy on the eye so let her continue on.

I also reckon Maggie is gonna be gone soon. They an emphasis on her burning the picture and saying "You'll never need a picture of me again", and we all know that comments like that are usually met by the exact opposite. But if that happens, i can imagine Glenn going down with her, or just letting himself get taken while cradling her dead, lifeless corpse. And i hope Beth isn't steak, she's pretty easy on the eyes too, and we're not left with much else to look at in that department if her/Lara Croft/Maggie are gone.

Those steaks on grill at Terminus are not human flesh.
    They are beef or venison
    Human flesh would look like pork chops.

I also reckon Maggie is gonna be gone soon. They an emphasis on her burning the picture and saying "You'll never need a picture of me again", and we all know that comments like that are usually met by the exact opposite. But if that happens, i can imagine Glenn going down with her, or just letting himself get taken while cradling her dead, lifeless corpse. And i hope Beth isn't steak, she's pretty easy on the eyes too, and we're not left with much else to look at in that department if her/Lara Croft/Maggie are gone.
    That was very bizarre and made no sense whatsoever. We had Beth going on about she wouldn't survive and Daryl could be a good man if he wanted. Cue Beth getting kidnapped and Daryl ending up with a group that will try his morality. We've had enough spoon feeding. In a plot twist, this time Glenn won't need a picture of her as he is the one who will become dinner?

They are beef or venison
    Speaking from experience? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Speaking from experience? :eek:

Human flesh is actually known as Longpig in cannibalistic circles.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The question should be.... do the directors of the show know that :)

In the game there is a creepy family with a super-nice apple-pie mum in it who are cannibals... I wonder if they are drawing from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read that Terminus is more than likely Macon, Georgia due to it's position on the map. This is where The Walking Dead Game was based. I think Terminus might be the equivalent of Episode 2 in the 1st season of the game. Can't wait for the finale! I really really hope no one named Clem or Lee pop up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah that woman really reminded me of that chapter from The Walking Dead game.

Also, is Mary the same woman in the painting Michonne found?

terminus-painting.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also, is Mary the same woman in the painting Michonne found?

terminus-painting.jpg

good on you for picking that up. There is a similarity alright.

I'd love to take credit for that but saw it on some site when looking for more info on Terminus. Some great theories around including something I completely missed but apparently there are a load of sun flowers at the front of Terminus (also a painting of a sunflower in that same house with the pic above) that suggests new comers should 'just look at the flowers'

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd love to take credit for that but saw it on some site when looking for more info on Terminus. Some great theories around including something I completely missed but apparently there are a load of sun flowers at the front of Terminus (also a painting of a sunflower in that same house with the pic above) that suggests new comers should 'just look at the flowers'

ya i noticed the camera did close ups of the sunflowers. The mind boggles.

I noticed the emphasis on the flowers alright but forgot about the paintings. Interesting.

Where did Michonne see that pic? I don't recall that episode...
    Edit: Ah yes, I see... during the scenes in the house Carl, Rick and her stop at... thats quite a spot!

• Advertisement

The lady likes sunflowers.
    sunflower-painting.png

She has a dog? maybe the same one that distracted Darryl while Beth was taken?
    puppy-painting.png

DeVore wrote: »

When her and Carl were out looking for supplies

mary-terminus-painting.png

DeVore wrote: »

I think it was episode 11 'claimed'. Reading up, I completely forgot how one of the new gang guys 'claimed' the bed rick was lying under.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So my guesses for the season finale are
    that the three groups left to get to the prison -
    Daryl & Joe etc
    Michonne , Rick & Carl
    and
    Tyreese, Carol & Judith
    will arrive around the same time. Joes group will try kill Rick , and may actually be successful. The cliffhanger will probably have something to do with Judith- Rick & Carl seeing her but being too late/killed/kidnapped.

Michonne will cop on to who the Sunflower Woman is. Either way all hell will break loose upon their arrivals and there will probably be a couple of main character deaths, there's only really big main characters left now apart from the much loved Sasha, Bob & Tyreese . I've totally left Beth out of the whole thing because I must not care!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Eugene was right, Tara is smokin' hot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

They are beef or venison

Walking dead forum on not, I've reported this post to the gardai.

• Advertisement

Re the flowers: just a stab in the dark here but do you think we see all these hidden clues because we desperately want this series to go somewhere and we are praying that the writers get their sh!t together for the last episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

1tw2xt4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

That is sad. He knows exactly what he's doing

FFS if that's from the next episode then it has no business here. FU :mad:

Grimebox wrote: »
    That is sad. He knows exactly what he's doing
    Why though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement