Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 4 Episode 15 - "US" [AMC] [SPOILERS]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lovely stuff, close thread, close forum, shutdown t'internet!

Report that post pronto folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its the same actress, just a different show she's in, couldnt resist sorry :D

Also sorry if I spoiled this weeks ep for any fans of Name-Of-Show-Pic-Is-From-Spoiler
    The Following
    lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Thargor wrote: »

Also sorry if I spoiled this weeks ep for any fans of Name-Of-Show-Pic-Is-From-Spoiler
    The Following

lol ya sod ye, 200 Internet points for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Best shot of terminus
    A railway maintenance yard
    not a bad set-up at all plenty of fences, no doubt employee facilitates.
    Solid elevated buildings , line of sight
    platforms along railways will stop walkers

20664835.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The Following

I hate you so so much :pac: You dirty hoebag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The Following
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be too short to scratch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Following

I was literally seconds away from permanantly banning you from this forum then (as a fan of The Walking Dead and not a moderator) sending you a super agressive pm calling you all sorts.

Ya bollox! ;)

Best shot of terminus
    Its one of my main annoyances about TWD, facilities like this are basically impregnable to TWD zombies and there are thousands of them across America, lots of the farms over there are just as fortified, same for loads of properties in bear country etc, society just wouldnt have collapsed the way we see on the show. The World War Z movie was awful but at least those undead were a threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Its one of my main annoyances about TWD, facilities like this are basically impregnable to TWD zombies and there are thousands of them across America, lots of the farms over there are just as fortified, same for loads of properties in bear country etc, society just wouldnt have collapsed the way we see on the show. The World War Z movie was awful but at least those undead were a threat.
    Society would collapse though. Those buildings you talk about would still be standing but not all family members would be at home when the outbreak happened. Even if they were, we've seen from the Walking Dead that the living are often more of a threat than the dead. Hershel got lucky that Rick was in charge of the group when they came to the farm. If it was Shane, Shane would've taken over and been ruler supreme. The new group that Daryl is with wouldn't just take over the farm, they would kill anyone who disagreed with them.

It's all good and well having an initial fortified position against zombies but plenty of people would kill you just to get your supplies or even just for the fun of it. An apocalypse would unleash all the sociopaths would previously had to play by civilisation's rules. Unless you killed everyone who seeked shelter in your farm, how would you know that they weren't going to take over from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

If you look at the walking dead timeline which is pierced together from conversations and flashbacks and so on
    Its clear the collapse was very rapid

DR Jenner at CDC
    It's day 194 since Wildfire was declared," he says. "And 63 days since the disease abruptly went global.

So the governments detected something somewhere in world on
    day -131
    and CDC declared "wildfire" whatever that is.
    Then on Day 0 it "abruptly went global"
    Within two weeks the Air force was firebombing herds in Atlanta
    and between day 30-33 power, gas and communications stopped
    for Morgan and DR Jenner
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

On day 0 Everyone was infected by it and then
    Clearly a very large number of people dropped dead and turned in those opening days and weeks thru some bio-weapon we have not see
    The survivors are those that did not die and turn.
    Its possible the super Flu is part of the same bio-weapon unleashed
    As it was not of this world either.
    Whoever did it unleashed a range of bio-weapons simultaneously

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I was literally seconds away from permanantly banning you from this forum then (as a fan of The Walking Dead and not a moderator) sending you a super agressive pm calling you all sorts.

Ya bollox! ;)
    I too was reaching for the perma-ban-hammer... :)

:)

Id agree with this:

D8mXfgT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

That whole thing about the painting didn't make a whole lot of sense to me to be honest. It was just creepy for the sake of it. It didn't fit with anything else

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

did they find the mother of the "girl in painting" ?

This whole series was a gigantic "set up" for the next season but could have probably been done a lot quicker. Strikes me as writers trying to make the "cliff hangers" match with shooting schedules more than anything else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That's not Tasha, that's Sela, the crafty Romulan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭nc6000

Best shot of terminus

20664835.jpg

How handy that the TERMINUS building has 8 windows, one for each letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I just don't get how they waltzed in there. There isn't a wall, a decent fence, any defences, anyone on guard, there's just a gate which they LEFT SWINGING OPEN after themselves. Surely they would have been expecting somewhere with crowds of people, and proper fortifications? I would have got that far, thought 'something seriously fishy here' and turned around again. There hasn't been a well meaning, kindly and benevolent character in this series so far. Every lesson learnt in this show so far would have indicated something was off here. But no, in they go. To Tasha, and her walk in BBQ.

It's not Beth on the grill anyway. Darryl will have to turn up first and see her about to be killed in some way, and then rush in declaring his undying love, just as Carol rounds the corner. Or else I'll feel really cheated.

I reckon there is some relgious culty thing going on in Terminus too. The car that Beth was bundled into had a cross of some description on the back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It's not Beth on the grill anyway. Darryl will have to turn up first and see her about to be killed in some way, and then rush in declaring his undying love, just as Carol rounds the corner. .

Am I the only one who didn't see the Beth/Daryl thing as a romance but more father/daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

pc7 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't see the Beth/Daryl thing as a romance but more father/daughter?

Honestly that's what I thought too until I went on the forums. .. damn you all for ruining my innocence!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

pc7 wrote: »

Ah no, I reckon she's just the sort of pearly innocent to melt his scarred backwoods heart. I was sure they'd get it on the night they drank the moonshine, but great disappointment. Nobody ever has sex in this show. They should be at it like rabbits, it being the end of the world and all.

Have just realised she was kidnapped in the undertaker's car, that's why there was a cross on it. D'oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Eugene was right, Tara is smokin' hot. :D

The actress playing Lily is easy on the eyes too, particularly back in "The Unit" days.

I knew straight away that picture of Beth had to be from something else; her clothes were too clean (apart from the blood) and that's a heavy winter coat, not something they'd be wearing in the Georgian summer. I wasn't fooled for a second (Go me :))

Advertisement