Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcoole - new build behind Eaton apartments

Options
  • 23-03-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi, I'm considering buying a house in a new estate currently being built around the back/side of Eaton apartments in Rathcoole.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the area, what are the apartments/residents like? It's the one issue that's putting us off, the houses are shaping up to be ideal for us and the location is great work-wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Welliewalls

Lynfo wrote: »
    Hi, I'm considering buying a house in a new estate currently being built around the back/side of Eaton apartments in Rathcoole.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the area, what are the apartments/residents like? It's the one issue that's putting us off, the houses are shaping up to be ideal for us and the location is great work-wise.
    hey we have a deposit on the first phase. Apartments are a slight concern for us to but they are the only real concern. We have been up a few times and there doesnt seem to be anything dodgy about them. Rathcoole village is perfect and the residents are lovely its a very settled area. Are u buying in the next phase? Any idea whats left in that phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

We had a deposit down in the first phase too, but we've pulled out. I really like Rathcoole, but between the apartments, and the 3 storeys, it just didn't suit us in the end.

Back to square one!

Oh really that makes me more nervous we are suppose to be signing tomorrow contracts tomorrow. Do you anyone else who bought in the first phase?

Oh don't be nervous! It's just a personal preference, I didn't like the idea of looking out my front window straight into an apartment block. I also felt the size of the house didn't justify the price, we'd have really been stretching ourselves with a mortgage that size.

I am off the same thinking but my husband is winning the battle on this one. They are a fine house and the builder is actually really good and comes with excellent references. We have friends living in Peyton and they rave about him and the way he works and finishes the build....I will be signing the contracts with everything crossed tomorrow and hopefully all goes well and we are happy there. If we look at it as a starter home than its a good step. Best of luck in the search.

• Advertisement

The builder is brilliant, we've met up with him in Peyton & Aubrey Manor, I really like him and his work is top notch.
    Best of luck with the house, I'm sure you'll love it.

Anyone else know of anyone buying in this developement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skyforce

Also looking at the same estate, but the prices are bit funny, was 315K and now dropped to 250K (249.950 to be exact). Anyone may know why? thanks

Hey there....there was a bunglow right on the corner before you go into the developement which was actually bought with the land. I think the person that owned the land orginially also owed the bunglow. They did a complete refurb of the bunglow and sold that for €250,000. I spoke with the builder yesterday about this and the houses are still selling from €295,000-€315,000. I think the bigger 4 beds are €315,000. The builder has been meeting anyone that is buying so if you want to buy and need some reassurance ask the agent to arrange a meeting. Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tazyal

Lynfo wrote: »
    We had a deposit down in the first phase too, but we've pulled out. I really like Rathcoole, but between the apartments, and the 3 storeys, it just didn't suit us in the end.

Back to square one!

hi there, we live in the apts across the way! The houses look gorgeous but we didn't go to have a look yet. I agree that looking into the apts is a bit Unnerving as I feel the same as some of my windows are like window to window to these new houses! I have to say though the speed at which the first phase went up put me off. There were so many staff and noise started earlier than normal so sounds bad but I just think cutting corners to get quick sales! Didn't know Peyton were doing them and I like their show houses further up the Rd. I see they built more in a different style behind and maybe more will be going up nearer the bungalow. At least your not using management Co like ours and car's are above ground and safe. Our best wishes for happiness to our neighbours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement