Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish products to sell on eBay!!!!!

Options
  • 24-03-2014 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Since losing my job two years ago, out of starvation and no money to pay bills, I set up two online selling accounts, both with eBay and amazon...

At the moment I am making a wage and have kept myself well above board ever since....

I am looking for Irish products to market and want to start a business as an online trade assistant..

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭greasepalm

unsure if interested,local shop in the spring summer does homemade honey and jams properly labelled from local source very popular think sells for e4-5 for a jar so finding out whats available near you is best.
    does it have to be new or used?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

greasepalm wrote: »
    unsure if interested,local shop in the spring summer does homemade honey and jams properly labelled from local source very popular think sells for e4-5 for a jar so finding out whats available near you is best.
    does it have to be new or used?

It can be anything but you have just given we another great idea, the whole world of ecommernce has proven to me that the world really is your oster....

Used, new or broken I have sold every sort of a thing in the last year,I got 250 euro last week for old dumped railway signs, the idea of local honey or jams is great, gonna get onto tat straight away...

making a collection here also ,2 used 5-1 home theatre and shed in a box lol,its finding out what they want,any shops closing down near you with stock??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Aran Jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I was going to package up and sell Irish soil on eBay back in the day when I did the ebay trader thing. I figured the Americans would lap it up! I sold used Dublin bus tickets to someone in Italy one time you really can sell anything on there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

jimmii wrote: »
    I was going to package up and sell Irish soil on eBay back in the day when I did the ebay trader thing. I figured the Americans would lap it up! I sold used Dublin bus tickets to someone in Italy one time you really can sell anything on there!!

I used to go to Germany on business and used to buy loads of packets of seeds in Lidl there for circa 20c each. Would sell them on ebay here for 1 euro each as they were 2 euro in the shops. Then feckin Lidl started stocking them here.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Sods of turf were in demand in the US years ago. Not sure they'd get past Big Phill these days though.

As regards honey and jam. There may be rules about sending food through customs in some countries. Check out dept of agri website first.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

danbrosnan wrote: »
    `... and want to start a business as an online trade assistant..

Dan, what is an "online trade assistant"?

bdo wrote: »
    Dan, what is an "online trade assistant"?

Someone who helps people sell online basically, ebay has dedicated trade assistants but you must have specific requirements which I am in the process of receiving...

All great ideas and its true you can sell anything on ebay..

was that your add putting the wife on it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

I've never sold anything on eBay satisfactorily, of the couple of items I did sell, I felt I didn't realise enough off them. (just stuff I wa selling off, not stuff I bought to sell.

I know of a guy in NYC though who buys used women't shoes in flea markets & sells them online, he poses as a woman & has a very specific clientele. Does quite well out of it too. It's all in the wording of his ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you find the right thing eBay is a great market to use. I used to trade baseball cards buying in bulk and then breaking them down into sets and picking out the rarer ones to sell separately did that for about a year until the old postal strikes we had about ten years ago made it a bit too unreliable! Still have a massive amount of cards but now i'm more one of those people who will just sell them in one lot and be done with them and let someone else find the value in them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Since losing my job two years ago, out of starvation and no money to pay bills, I set up two online selling accounts, both with eBay and amazon...

At the moment I am making a wage and have kept myself well above board ever since....

I am looking for Irish products to market and want to start a business as an online trade assistant..

Any suggestions?

PM Sent

bbam wrote: »
    PM Sent

Pm received, lets do business...

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭thecelt

pm sent, wud luv to chat

thecelt wrote: »
    pm sent, wud luv to chat

Not gonna talk specifics I,m afraid, open an account and start selling...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Any suggestions?

Are you looking to sell actual Irish products or act as a broker and sell anything?

Are you looking to sell actual Irish products or act as a broker and sell anything?

Both...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Dont forget the elephant in the room . . .

Ebay listing fees
    Ebay final value charges
    Paypal charges
    Universal social charge
    Pay related social insurance
    Income tax
    maybe VAT as well if you sell enough

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dirac98

Hello Dan

Will pm you now

• Advertisement
Advertisement