Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record to Samsung Smart TV using UPC box

Options
  • 24-03-2014 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a Samsung Smart TV ~(UE32F4500AK). I have connected a USB HDD which has been formatted ok and has passed the Samsung tests. I want to record to this device. However, if I select the record option on the remote, the recording is done on the UPC box and not the USB HDD. Does anybody know how I can record to the USB HDD? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

it will always record to its own hdd,but there might be a way to copy that file to external usb for that depends on settings on recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Samsung TV is probably capable of playing movies from the HDD but the UPC box will not record to any external device and you cannot copy any existing recordings from the UPC box to an external device.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

greasepalm wrote: »
    there might be a way to copy that file to external usb for that depends on settings on recordings.

There isn't. The only way you can take a recorded program off a UPC box is to play it and capture the signal on a DVR.

another no entry box then cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 valderama22

Thanks all for your replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

greasepalm wrote: »
    another no entry box then cheers.

Why would it be any other way?

like somebody having more info to get into hidden things.

Advertisement