Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here's why I think JR got fired from WWE

• 24-03-2014 2:24am
    Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭

I was listening to some shoot interviews on youtube and saw this in the "suggested videos" links.

A bit of Google'ing suggests that Jim Ross was fired after this launch of a video game because he didnt keep a drunk Rik Flair on course. Indeed if you do a bit of sleuthing online JR says as much himself.

However! I really think Jim was drunk hosting this and it embarrassed WWE. His Bells Palsy will be used as an excuse by some for his slurred speech but how come he was never this slurry on commentary?

Its 30 minutes long but you'll see enough after 10 to make up your mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Jim Ross and Ric Flair are drunk alright :pac:

But the story goes that WWE felt they came off bad. It was about selling & marketing the new WWE game. Not too mention it was their first venture with 2k Sports.

WWE blamed Jim Ross as he was presenting the panel and was in control of it. But a low point for the panel was, according to reports, that WWE felt Ric Flair mentioning his son dying. Who died because an over dose. A certain no-no for WWE (as his son was a wrestler too)

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

If that was the reason for his firing than Vince was just looking for an excuse to "retire" JR.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Jim Ross and Ric Flair are drunk alright :pac:

But the story goes that WWE felt they came off bad. It was about selling & marketing the new WWE game. Not too mention it was their first venture with 2k Sports.

WWE blamed Jim Ross as he was presenting the panel and was in control of it. But a low point for the panel was, according to reports, that WWE felt Ric Flair mentioning his son dying. Who died because an over dose. A certain no-no for WWE (as his son was a wrestler too)

When I look at it again it does look more like Hall Of Fame style story sharing than "Hey! Buy this new game!"

Advertisement