Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplays new album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Yeah I have high hopes for the upcoming album based on what I've heard so far.

I don't see them topping Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. Loved both albums, but I don't think Coldplay have been able to keep that standard going for the latter three. That said, an improvement on Mylo Xyloto will be good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

karaokeman wrote: »
    Yeah I have high hopes for the upcoming album based on what I've heard so far.

I don't see them topping Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. Loved both albums, but I don't think Coldplay have been able to keep that standard going for the latter three. That said, an improvement on Mylo Xyloto will be good enough for me.

Yeah same as that, since rush of blood I think the only track I liked was Waterfall.

Time will tell if the rest of the content on Ghost stories is any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't like Magic but Midnight is awesome.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't like Magic but Midnight is awesome.
    Yeah I totally agree, its a cracking tune and very different from anything previously released by them.

I didn't know Chris Martin had split from his wife, good timing for the release of the single Magic.

This is really starting to grow on me.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder why I like this band:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Heard the full album now, its alright, better than Mylo Xyloto but didn't fully meet my expectations.

I think with this record Coldplay aren't trying to be someone they're not, which is good but it wasn't executed as well as Viva la Vida or Death and all his Friends, which I thought was a little different for them but not forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I rank this in the same league as Mylo Xyloto, I like it but it certainly is not up there with their best.

As for Ghost Stories it being amazing from start to finish like Viva la Vida or Death and all his Friends, I would say definitely not and I find myself skipping tracks just like I did with Mylo Xyloto.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 edwardmp2

not a hugh fan, but I like magic!

• Advertisement

Its the best whole album Ive got for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I liked the album lot better then Mylo Xyloto nothing at all is filler on it but it lack's the power of their debut, AROBTTH and Viva La Vida.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I liked the album lot better then Mylo Xyloto nothing at all is filler on it but it lack's the power of their debut, AROBTTH and Viva La Vida.

I'd rate it third after Rush of Blood and Parachutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Midnight is great. But the rest of it is awful really. I mean theres one track produced by Avicii.... Avicii!! what the **** Coldplay what happened. I didn't have high hopes for the album after Mylo Xyloto and its about what I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Coldplay haven't really been the same band since viva la vida, Don't get me wrong this is only an opinion of mine, but they seriously have changed their sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Alot of hate for Mylo Xyloto out there, seriously underrated album imo. Alot better than ghost stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Very forgettable album imo.....My favourite tracks are Oceans, Midnight & Magic.

A Sky Full of Stars reminds me of everything I disliked about Mylo Xyloto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Very forgettable album imo.....My favourite tracks are Oceans, Midnight & Magic.

A Sky Full of Stars reminds me of everything I disliked about Mylo Xyloto!

Oceans is a great song, the only one that sounds like it could have been on parachutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Ink is a track that is starting to grow on me.

Advertisement