Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - March 24th

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did I miss Triple H's second promo? :confused:

Yep. He announced that Flair is the referee for the title match at Wrestlemania.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yep. He announced that Flair is the referee for the title match at Wrestlemania.

Stone Cold I might have believed :p

Stone Cold I might have believed :p

Stone Cold is facing Sting :D

Stone Cold is facing Sting :D

:pac:

Making up what happens has made these threads so much more fun. They used to struggle to reach 3 pages live, this one will be 10 after five more posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Damn. I knew I was forgetting something.

Hmmm, another ad break. Diva pics with them wearing all their clothes lads? :pac:

What age are you, 12?

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thought it was a good show but a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG show.

The Undertaker/Brock feud has been a total bust so far. They should have had both lads stay at home since the beginning and just air hype videos. The only hope for the match and any drama is Brock completely murdering Undertaker on Raw.

Stephanie saying Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be there set up the expectation that he was going to run in but he never appeared. Kind of odd by Wrestling logic standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I believe I may have seen the worst booking in the history of the WWE last night.
    Rybaxel are supposedly being given a tag title shot at Mania, and what they do to promote them as a realistic threat?
    Have them lose to Los Matadores in 61 seconds!
    Tbh a tag team of JTG and Yoshi Tatsu would have more credibility right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meh.

Taker/Brock shouldn't have come to blows; there exchanges were pretty weak and has only hurt the build. Shame the camera gave away someone moving between the casket and the underneath of the ring too :pac:

Batista/Orton has no real heat, especially when all their promos are about people not even officially in the match yet.

Cena/Bray could be a good match but is really generic in its build up.

No Bryan means that story kind of stalled badly tonight, though HHH's promo was good.

And while I love the face Shield, Shield/Corporate Stooges has nothing on Shield/Wyatts. Really should have chosen Real Americans or someone else over the Outlaws, cause there's no heat and no real chance of a good match imo.

Shame. I felt this show actually took away most of the heat that was on a tonne of matches :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Has Brock got one over on Taker yet? Seems that Taker's not only going to win at Mania, but he's dominating the build up and making Brock look scared the whole time.

Deadlie wrote: »
    Has Brock got one over on Taker yet? Seems that Taker's not only going to win at Mania, but he's dominating the build up and making Brock look scared the whole time.

Lesnar gets his payback next week and makes it look impossible for Undertaker to win. It's pretty basic build up considering the characters.

I'd have thought "basic" would be acknowledging Taker as older, wiser but weaker than Brock who is a wild animal who will kill you.

None of those characteristics have been portrayed yet, and I honestly think the go-home show is too late for that...

I'd have thought "basic" would be acknowledging Taker as older, wiser but weaker than Brock who is a wild animal who will kill you.

None of those characteristics have been portrayed yet, and I honestly think the go-home show is too late for that...

Undertaker has outsmarted Lesnar each time. He hasn't overpowered him, just outsmarted him to get the upper hand. We know Brock isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer which Undertaker has exploited. Stab him in the hand with a pen, mess with his head with the appearing act, it's all outsmarting Lesnar to catch him off guard.

What age are you, 12?

:rolleyes:

When Im watching wrestling?

Always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Good

-John Cena vs Luke Harper was actually class. Harper is amazing for the size of him. That T-Bone suplex, superkick and suicide dive were all beautiful. Really loved the final visual of Cena in the mask tied up.

-The Shield vs The Real Americans. All 5 guys came out of this looking fantastic. Rollins is an unbelievable athlete. Reigns is a beast. Dean has his schtick down to a tee. Cesaro epic as always and Jack Swagger had no problem hanging with the big boys.

-The Authority on the mic/ No Daniel Bryan. Hunter is the ultimate heel. Cemented his a**hole qualities from last week in the interview. Steph is every bit as good as her husband. Glad they gave Bryan the night off, sells last week well plus he deserves it.

- Scott Hall going into the HOF. Granted it's as Razor Ramon, but the Bad Guy is a massive fan favourite. Best class ever.

The Bad

-The Rhodes brothers demotion to comedy matches. These boys were having the hottest tag matches of the last few years in WWE. Helped to make the straps relevant again. They deserve much more. A one on one respect match or inclusion in the tag title match at Mania (possibly including Real Americans/Usos/Rybaxel)

-Scooby Doo. Awful. Just awful.

-Hogan/Arnie/Joe M. circle jerk. Got nobody over and was just annoying as hell.

The meh

-Brock vs Taker segment. Did nothing for me. Hope Undi' can still go.

-Kane and the Outlaws vs The Shield. Not the worst, not the best.

• Advertisement

The Hogan/Arnie/JOe part was hilariously bad I though;

Hogan: "Ladies and gentlemen, Joe and Arnold!"
    Arnold: "Thanks. Ladies and gentlemen, it's Hulk Hogan and my co-star Joe!"
    Joe: "Thanks Arnold. Looks! It's Arnold, and it's Hulk Hogan!"

Like they were just pointing at each other for 5 minutes.
    Undertaker has outsmarted Lesnar each time. He hasn't overpowered him, just outsmarted him to get the upper hand. We know Brock isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer which Undertaker has exploited. Stab him in the hand with a pen, mess with his head with the appearing act, it's all outsmarting Lesnar to catch him off guard.

Whatever about the pen incident, has Brock never seen a Taker segment before last night? "Oh my god, he appeared out of nowhere!" As he does every time he's ever in a feud.

Just feel the feud should be about how Taker has a Never Say Die attitude, against Brock who just mauls everyone and everything. Not a Brock who constantly seems to be on the ropes to a man twice his age and half his strength. The Streak works best when there's a doubt as to if it can be broken, and right now, there's zero reason to believe Brock can beat Taker (based on how the story is booked so far). That said, it's inevitable he'll destroy Taker next week I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Meh, at least they got the bad stuff over with quickly.

It was an ok show but the Taker/Lesnar feud hasn't worked at all. TSCs way of doing the feud would work so much better.

The in-ring action was very solid though, and has been for a long time now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say if WWE could have they would have signed up that Joe lad for development . He had the ultimate wwe look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree Taker vs Brock has been underwhelming. I'm actually quite surprised they have gone down the mystical route with the druids and coffin and all that.

Maybe I'm naive but I really thought they would reference that famous staredown between Brock and Taker in UFC a few years back. Maybe they didn't want to have to show Taker out of character, or pay UFC for footage rights or whatever, but that momenthad an element of real about it, however slight, which always plays well in pro wrestling. Also it's been viewed millions of times online.

I had hoped they would bring in more of a real life, outside wrestling slant on this feud but they have gone down the route of a formulaic, typical Taker on Smackdown feud and I think that's a real shame. This is a Wrestlemania match but to me it feels like it could be on any PPV and doesn't feel special.

On a brighter note I love Cesaro but I've absolutely no idea what the next step should be for him.

Normally you'd say break off from the heels, but the guy has really gained a lot from the Real American gimmick imo, funnily enough moreso than Swagger has.

There's almost an argument for keeping it with him as a babyface but that seems like such a difficult, if not ludicrous, thing to try and pull off considering Zeb is so suited to that and you'd then have to turn Zeb?!

I dunno. I'd be concerned if Cesaro went off on his own he would flounder character-wise because he hasn't yet figured that aspect out yet and as we saw with Ziggler, that aspect is pretty important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Surely all you have to do is have a guy like Brock maul Taker for a few weeks into Mania, the whole intrigue heading into the show being "How can they have Taker win convincingly after build?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Brock should have had the beating of Taker this week. Match seems to be just another statistic. Awful build up for one of the biggest matches on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Taker entrance just reminds me of Enigma's Sadeness

I agree Taker vs Brock has been underwhelming. I'm actually quite surprised they have gone down the mystical route with the druids and coffin and all that.

Maybe I'm naive but I really thought they would reference that famous staredown between Brock and Taker in UFC a few years back. Maybe they didn't want to have to show Taker out of character, or pay UFC for footage rights or whatever, but that momenthad an element of real about it, however slight, which always plays well in pro wrestling. Also it's been viewed millions of times online.

I had hoped they would bring in more of a real life, outside wrestling slant on this feud but they have gone down the route of a formulaic, typical Taker on Smackdown feud and I think that's a real shame. This is a Wrestlemania match but to me it feels like it could be on any PPV and doesn't feel special.

Feel it's a bit like the Bryan story; because they aren't the ones who controlled it's origins, they aren't interested in doing it.

Taker/Brock could be so "real", having people believe there's legit heat there, having Brock built as a monster. Could give nods to that moment without actually basing too much round it in case not everyone has seen it. Just build Brock as this superior monster. Hell, even hint Brock is so unstable, he might shoot and go legit.

Nah, they'll go the mystical route cause they've full control over it, and heaven forbid they acknowledge Taker's age. Story should be experience vs animalistic power. Intelligence vs strength. Not magic vs idiot.
    On a brighter note I love Cesaro but I've absolutely no idea what the next step should be for him.

Normally you'd say break off from the heels, but the guy has really gained a lot from the Real American gimmick imo, funnily enough moreso than Swagger has.

There's almost an argument for keeping it with him as a babyface but that seems like such a difficult, if not ludicrous, thing to try and pull off considering Zeb is so suited to that and you'd then have to turn Zeb?!

I dunno. I'd be concerned if Cesaro went off on his own he would flounder character-wise because he hasn't yet figured that aspect out yet and as we saw with Ziggler, that aspect is pretty important.

I'd love to see a Face Zeb; think he's brilliantly quick witted and can work a crowd, crowds eat up Pro-America stuff and he'd have a ball for a while before he could turn back. Face-Real Americans would be fun.

Most fans seem to love Zeb as is. Just keep them going and put them against heels rather than babyfaces. Much like the Shield, a big turn wasnt/isnt needed. Just start facing the heels instead of the babyfaces.

Absolutely no reason to split the Real Americans. Keep them as a unit who occasionally team together. Cesaro for the World title, Swagger for the US title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Am I alone in really really not liking Undertaker? He no longer looks creepy, he just looks like a creep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Raw in 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Haven't seen Raw, but Arnie looks really small there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Haven't seen Raw, but Arnie looks really small there

:( I couldn't believe how small he looked in that ring with Hogan and the beardy weirdy. This is the governator, a man that has a football stadium named after him, how did he become so puny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I miss the old "raw in 5 minutes" videos, they were at least funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I miss the two hour shows just as much, I just deleted Raw there. Can`t be bothered to watch it (even in Mania season) sure they`ll just show the best parts on Smackdown anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it didn't even show Batista's ripped trousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

They were great. Saying that, nothing wrong with that RAW in 5 minutes video, thought it was a pretty good summary and wasn't trying to be funny anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

JBL talking about Summer Rae: She caught her heel and Fandango is a heel.
    Both Cole and Lawler say that this is awful to which JBL says he didn't come up with it.

This is Vince McMahon amusing himself I suppose. Wonder what Regal thinks about it, using insider terms on TV and all :rolleyes:

Random observation: Hogan's moustache was really white. A mate once tried dying his handlebar moustache to dress as Hogan for halloween but the stuff he used made him nauseous and sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Only got around to watching this today, definitely enjoyed the Shield/Real Americans tag match the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They were great. Saying that, nothing wrong with that RAW in 5 minutes video, thought it was a pretty good summary and wasn't trying to be funny anyway.

Oh God it wasn't that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

how did he become so puny?

http://www.arnoldheight.com/

It was movie tricks that were making him look like an imposing force very similar to how wrestlers can be made to appear bigger.

Advertisement