Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Request...

• 24-03-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have an unusual request....

I'm getting married later this year, and our meal is lunch in a restaurant in Portobello, along the Grand Canal. The 'afters' is in the Gibson Hotel (Beside the O2). There will be 42 people in total.

I am looking for a different way to transport everyone from the restaurant to the hotel - something other than a bus!

Does anyone know if it would be possible to arrange collection by boat on the canal in Portobello, and to drop us off on the Liffey outside the O2?

I have already been in contact with the 2 canal boat restaurants and they are both booked on the day of our event.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Give these a call they might be able to help you out. http://www.vikingsplash.com/packages/liffey-river-cruises/

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

fergal.b wrote: »
    Give these a call they might be able to help you out. http://www.vikingsplash.com/packages/liffey-river-cruises/

Thanks. But I've already been in touch and they can't go up the canal. ideally we're looking to have the boat waiting outside when we finish the meal (instead of a bus).

I've also been in touch with viking splash tours about using them. But not sure as it's a wedding day & if there's bad weather people won't appreciate being put on an open sided boat/bus!

Thanks. But I've already been in touch and they can't go up the canal. ideally we're looking to have the boat waiting outside when we finish the meal (instead of a bus).

I've also been in touch with viking splash tours about using them. But not sure as it's a wedding day & if there's bad weather people won't appreciate being put on an open sided boat/bus!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I can't think of anyone else that would have the insurance to carry that many people sorry.
    Best of luck with the wedding I could have brought the two of you with my last boat:)

1239524_592772320760146_1752660303_n.jpg

So you don't still have it? Would have been nice to arrive in style!

Do you have any info on the licence requirements / permissions to use the canals, and is there anything stopping boats going from the Grand Canal Basin on to the Liffey?

One of the restaurant boats I spoke to said that they only go through one lock (but they advertise dinner cruises - how short is that cruise?!). It's starting to look like a non-runner to be picked up on the canal and then dropped off on the Liffey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

tempnam wrote: »
    So you don't still have it? Would have been nice to arrive in style!

Do you have any info on the licence requirements / permissions to use the canals, and is there anything stopping boats going from the Grand Canal Basin on to the Liffey?

One of the restaurant boats I spoke to said that they only go through one lock (but they advertise dinner cruises - how short is that cruise?!). It's starting to look like a non-runner to be picked up on the canal and then dropped off on the Liffey!

Tis up on adverts at the minute for 15k. So probably about 10% of the cost of an average wedding these days. Well worth it cause you'll still have it the following day

Tis up on adverts at the minute for 15k. So probably about 10% of the cost of an average wedding these days. Well worth it cause you'll still have it the following day

Thats my other boat on adverts :) the one in the photo I sold to Wineport lodge to use for weddings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Thats my other boat on adverts :) the one in the photo I sold to Wineport lodge to use for weddings.

didn't take a blind bit of notice to the pic you posted lol

Advertisement