Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd playback on PC?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Bit of a strange one.

I am getting faded white lines at either side of my screen when watching a dvd on my pc.

can you guys check to see if you have the same issue?

they also appear at the top and bottom sometimes. it happens with some internet videos too (on youtube, netflix etc)

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try updating your video card drivers. What software are you using to play them? I would try VLC! :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I am using VLC yes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It's probably a graphics driver issue. Are your video card drivers up to date?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    It's probably a graphics driver issue. Are your video card drivers up to date?

Nick

Yup all uptodate

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does it ever happen during any games? Also, when it happens in youtube, does it only happen within the youtube window, or on the screen itself?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Does it ever happen during any games? Also, when it happens in youtube, does it only happen within the youtube window, or on the screen itself?

Don't play games on it.

It happens within the youtube window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you could take a picture of the screen we could probably have a better go at figuring what's going on.

Also the make/model of the monitor and the method of connecting it to the PC - VGA/DVI/HDMI etc.

Ken

Advertisement