Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Activities

Options
  • 24-03-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

I spent the majority of my weekends in Dublin and am looking for some fun new activites to try that are not too far from Dublin and are easily accessible with public transport.

The city centre is just too busy during the weekends... anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jump on the Dart and explore the coastal towns and villages along the line...Malahide, Howth, Clontarf to the north....Blackrock, Dun Laoaighaire, Sandymount, Greystones, Kiliney, Glasthule, Dalkey, Bray to the south.

My favs would be:

Howth for the cliff walk over Howth Head (amazing views over Dublin Bay) and the weekend farmers market. Some great seafood restaurants out there too.

Malahide for Malahide castle and the shopping and eating options in the village. The lovely coastal walk to Portmarnock. There isn't a ton to do in P'mock, but it has the best beach in Dublin, if our summer ever decides to arrive.

Kiliney for the great walks, amazing views and proximity to some great restaurants in Dalkey. Gaping at all the fab houses of the rich and famous is fun too.

Bray, has great buzz to it, especially when the sun is shining, climb Bray head, do the cliff walk to Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Dublin City Council has some little-known facilities.

There are lots of stately homes and gardens, craft centres and parks. The Wicklow mountains are easily accessible if you want to get to the countryside. Lots of ideas for places to go at MeetUp.com, even if you don't go with a group. There's cycling, athletics, basketball, volleyball to either watch or participate in. There are art galleries and museums and mazes and...I'm sure there are books about this kind of thing! :D

Shame we don't have a list here as I can never think of anything/anywhere when I'd like to go out.

Advertisement