Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one controller

Options
  • 24-03-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi i bought an xbox one in december but the left analogue stick on the controller has become loose and seems to have come free from its socket. Now heres the problem i rang the microsoft repair and explained my problem and they said they will replace it free of charge but i have send them the faulty one which i have to pay postage and package i wouldnt mind but it has to go to the czech republic!? Surely this is wrong no? Should they not cover cost? Or is their anywhere in the rep of ireland that they can exchange it? If anyone cold let me know if this has happened to them i would happy to know how they got on. Thanks in advance! Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yup, this is the current drill, unless the retailer who ya got it off can do it for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 19781980

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yup, this is the current drill, unless the retailer who ya got it off can do it for you....

Thats a bit louzy on their part! Thanks for your reply. Take care!

19781980 wrote: »
    Thats a bit louzy on their part! Thanks for your reply. Take care!

I know, it sucks, makes you basically fork out for a new one even if you don't have a spare ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Assuming you bought the console new here in the RoI, your purchasing contract is with the retailer, not MS. While MS will accommodate you, legally the retailer has to remedy this for you regardless of what else they may tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Where did you buy it? If it's one of the stores here take it back to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Myrddin wrote: »
    Assuming you bought the console new here in the RoI, your purchasing contract is with the retailer, not MS. While MS will accommodate you, legally the retailer has to remedy this for you regardless of what else they may tell you.

I would always approach the retailer first.

logik wrote: »
    I would always approach the retailer first.

Definitely, the OP (assuming again he/she bought the console new here in the RoI) is protected by the Sale of Goods & Supply of Services Act. Goods purchased should be fit for use, and of merchantable quality...if this isn't the case then entitlements are a repair, replacement, or refund in that order. Don't go in with all guns blazing either, just know your rights...there shouldn't be any issues getting sorted without drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Hi i bought an xbox one in december but the left analogue stick on the controller has become loose and seems to have come free from its socket. Now heres the problem i rang the microsoft repair and explained my problem and they said they will replace it free of charge but i have send them the faulty one which i have to pay postage and package i wouldnt mind but it has to go to the czech republic!? Surely this is wrong no? Should they not cover cost? Or is their anywhere in the rep of ireland that they can exchange it? If anyone cold let me know if this has happened to them i would happy to know how they got on. Thanks in advance! Peter.

Cost me €9 to send mine back. It was bought on the MS site.
    It got hardly any use as it was my second / spare controller.
    My day One controller now seems to be dodgy now too, on titanfall for example my pilot slowly moves to the right when i'm not even pushing a direction on the left stick.

Hi thanks for your reply the store i bought it from state that they only cover the item for 28 days so i dont think they are gonnA be very helpful. Ive sent them an email asking for ther help with this so il just have to wait for ther reply. Scandolous customer service!

Hi thanks for your reply the store i bought it from state that they only cover the item for 28 days so i dont think they are gonnA be very helpful. Ive sent them an email asking for ther help with this so il just have to wait for ther reply. Scandolous customer service!

Was it a proper store here in the RoI? Was the console brand new? If so, consumer law supersedes whatever returns policy the store offers, & they are legally obliged to deal with any returns (provided it's not as a result of damage caused by you etc). If they aren't playing ball, advise them that their policy doesn't affect your statutory rights as a consumer, advise them your purchasing contract is with them & by not honoring the contract three months after buying the console, they are in breach of that contract (goods must be fit for use & of merchantable quality). Then ask them what would be the best address to use for legal correspondence, & ensure you're speaking with the manager too. I'd wager they'll back down & do what they're meant to do before it gets that far.

• Advertisement

Was it a proper store here in the RoI? Was the console brand new? If so, consumer law supersedes whatever returns policy the store offers, & they are legally obliged to deal with any returns (provided it's not as a result of damage caused by you etc). If they aren't playing ball, advise them that their policy doesn't affect your statutory rights as a consumer, advise them your purchasing contract is with them & by not honoring the contract three months after buying the console, they are in breach of that contract (goods must be fit for use & of merchantable quality). Then ask them what would be the best address to use for legal correspondence, & ensure you're speaking with the manager too. I'd wager they'll back down & do what they're meant to do before it gets that far.
    Yea it was a store here in roi one of the largest here and item was brand new. But thats great help i will go in and say that and see were it gets me! Thanks v much again much appreciated!
    P.s. Il let you know how i get on!

Yea it was a store here in roi one of the largest here and item was brand new. But thats great help i will go in and say that and see were it gets me! Thanks v much again much appreciated!
    P.s. Il let you know how i get on!

Just stay calm & be polite, shouting or aggression won't get you anywhere...& remember your rights. It's a bit dramatic over the price of postage to MS, but still, it's the principal of it...the retailer sounds like they're betting you'll just take it up with ms.

Just stay calm & be polite, shouting or aggression won't get you anywhere...& remember your rights. It's a bit dramatic over the price of postage to MS, but still, it's the principal of it...the retailer sounds like they're betting you'll just take it up with ms.

Not only that, but if you only have the one controller then you could be waiting quite awhile to have a new one sent to you.

Not only that, but if you only have the one controller then you could be waiting quite awhile to have a new one sent to you.

Hey there thats all sorted they sent an email apologising and said i have to return the controller to the store for exchange.ðŸ˜႒ thanks fir your advice.
    Take care
    Peter

Hey there thats all sorted they sent an email apologising and said i have to return the controller to the store for exchange.ðŸ˜႒ thanks fir your advice.
    Take care
    Peter

A good result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Im currently on my 4th controller with the same issue. Dodgy left analogue stick, got on to microsoft support about it and have to wait 5 days for an email from "top tier" support.
    I had to go out and buy a 2nd controller because the ones microsoft are sending me are fit for the bin

Im currently on my 4th controller with the same issue. Dodgy left analogue stick, got on to microsoft support about it and have to wait 5 days for an email from "top tier" support.
    I had to go out and buy a 2nd controller because the ones microsoft are sending me are fit for the bin

They sending you second hand repaired controllers or new ones? Surely if it is second hand repaired ones you can refuse as not fit for purpose?

They sending you second hand repaired controllers or new ones? Surely if it is second hand repaired ones you can refuse as not fit for purpose?

No, second hand controllers are not sent out....

They are just shoddy compared to the 360 controller, quality of the plastic used in manufacturing is awful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Seem to be sending new ones that are just **** quality with the same problems everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

My day one controller left thumbstick broke Thursday night. I contacted M$ Friday and they sent me an e-mail for a UPS collection, to go to Germany for repair. Luckily I have a spare, let's hope it doesn't break in the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ShaunC wrote: »
    My day one controller left thumbstick broke Thursday night. I contacted M$ Friday and they sent me an e-mail for a UPS collection, to go to Germany for repair. Luckily I have a spare, let's hope it doesn't break in the next two weeks.

At least they seem to be recognizing there is a problem now, when my brother's broke they told him he had to send it to Czech Republic at his own expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Got a brand new (well it looks brand new anyway) Day One controller in the post yesterday. Not a bad turnaround.

Advertisement