Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go gyms?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering are there any gyms in and around Waterford City that are pay as you go?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

"Waterford Crystal Sports & Leisure Centre" 051377905 - website down, so not sure if it's still in operation or not.

www.goldstonefitness.ie also has pay-as-go options, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

The Crystal is still there. It's rough enough though. The changing rooms are filthy and the gym has limited/broken equipment.

Kingfisher does allow pay as you go but the hours are restricted.

I heard recently the tower are doing an offer where you get 3 months membership for €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

do a thread search OP there is loads of threads on gyms in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I hear the woodlands do 3 months for 150. Not sure how it compares to other places Im going to have a look in the coming weeks for somewhere to join for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

do a thread search OP there is loads of threads on gyms in waterford

Most of em full of spam though, members getting reduced membership for plugging their gym on here etc...

• Advertisement

Most of em full of spam though, members getting reduced membership for plugging their gym on here etc...
    all i,m seeing is people giving there honest opinions on all the gyms in waterford..!!! if thats what you call spam then this whole site is just one big spam site

all i,m seeing is people giving there honest opinions on all the gyms in waterford..!!! if thats what you call spam then this whole site is just one big spam site

Ah yeah of course youre right. There was just one idiot who plugged one particular gym non stop and was getting reduced membership which kinda rendered all of his posts pretty irrelevant, I see he is banned now though thankfully, probably for spamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Might be a bit too far out but Faithlegg hotel are offering 6 months membership with free child under 12 for €160 for march. Usually €195.
    I've started going there the last couple of months and it's rarely ever busy out there.
    It's €10 a session or €50 a month otherwise.

Ah yeah of course youre right. There was just one idiot who plugged one particular gym non stop and was getting reduced membership which kinda rendered all of his posts pretty irrelevant, I see he is banned now though thankfully, probably for spamming.
    really..!! i get the feeling you have an infatuation with this member you speak of or you think that i'm him/her for some strange reason?? i only opened an account but have always just glanced through the site as a visitor, and joined because i felt i could contribute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

cococoady wrote: »
    Might be a bit too far out but Faithlegg hotel are offering 6 months membership with free child under 12 for €160 for march. Usually €195.
    I've started going there the last couple of months and it's rarely ever busy out there.
    It's €10 a session or €50 a month otherwise.

Whats the place like for equipment,seems like a good price to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It's not pay-as-you-go but for what it's worth Peak Fitness is €120 for the year last time I checked. It's the place underneath Eishtec in the Cleaboy Business Park.

really..!! i get the feeling you have an infatuation with this member you speak of or you think that i'm him/her for some strange reason?? i only opened an account but have always just glanced through the site as a visitor, and joined because i felt i could contribute

Oh of course, you're definitely a brand new user ;););)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

;)

'My friend'

Noel Frisby name check again.

Always misspelling 'you're'.

Living next to your favourite topic 'Tesco Ballybeg'.

Why the re-reg Spank/Declan?

;)
    what on earth makes you think i,m a past member??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

what on earth makes you think i,m a past member??

Style, it's all in the style my friend.

Style, it's all in the style my friend.
    think what you like pal

'My friend'

Noel Frisby name check again.

Always misspelling 'you're'.

Living next to your favourite topic 'Tesco Ballybeg'.

Why the re-reg Spank/Declan?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I signed up to goldstone last year and I have to say I love it. It's handy for me with where I live but they also have short term sign ups ( for when I eventually get too lazy to carry on)

I signed up to goldstone last year and I have to say I love it. It's handy for me with where I live but they also have short term sign ups ( for when I eventually get too lazy to carry on)

I'm i my third year in Goldstone now, the one gripe I'd have is that they tend to take existing members for granted while bending over backwards to get new members in.

• Advertisement

I'm i my third year in Goldstone now, the one gripe I'd have is that they tend to take existing members for granted while bending over backwards to get new members in.
    every business seems to do ****e like that, they should look after existing customers to keep them first

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

What are the changing rooms like in Goldstone? As in is it a public open area or cubicles? Are the showers just a general open area too or also cubicles? Much prefer gyms with the cubicles.

What are the changing rooms like in Goldstone? As in is it a public open area or cubicles? Are the showers just a general open area too or also cubicles? Much prefer gyms with the cubicles.

The changing rooms are good, as are all the facilities there. And yes there are shower cubicles.

Advertisement