Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which valuer?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

So we've recently gone sale agreed in Dublin (South City) and need to get a valuation of the property for the bank. Any recommendations on who we should choose off this list:

http://www.aib.ie/personal/mortgages/residential-mortgage-panel#Dublin

Or should we just choose whichever - are some more prudent that others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We had independent valuations baggot street from that list; it seems to be a prepared form with a lot of tick boxes. They valued it for the amount if the offer, rather than the amount it was on the market for. I think it was turned around in 48hrs (if only everything was that quick when buying a house!)

Several of those listed are estate agents, and I wily avoid them on that basis, just in case it falls through and you then find yourself negotiating with them on the next property. I personally would avoid Mason Estates like the plague.

Advertisement