If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMA-720AE amplifier Headphone socket issue

Options
  • 24-03-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I bought this last year and having just picked up a lovely set of AKG Q701's I was excited to try them out on my Vinyl Records...
    Only issue I had was when I connect the headphones to the AMP the first thing I noticed was that the Speakers remained on. I then had a listen through the headphones and they didn't seem amplified at all ?
    I also have the Denon 720 cd player which also has a headphone socket and tried the headphones there and it worked perfectly. You plug in the headphones and the speakers switch off with the sound beautifully presented in the headphones. 

So I guess am I doing something wrong ? Or is the headphone socket broken on the amp ? I've never used it since I purchased it so not sure if the issue has always been there.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually I might had sorted this lol
    Hidden in the manual it states
    When both A and B are set to “OFF”, no sound is produced
    from the speakers. Use this when listening over headphones.

I'll try this when I get home..

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Muppetkiller.

Just checking in to make sure that the above worked for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hi Muppetkiller.

Just checking in to make sure that the above worked for you?
    Yes indeed I'm An Audio wonderland now lol thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.