If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLEARANCE LIST - INCLUDING TV, COMING LATER TODAY, MONDAY 24TH!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Any of the 32's listed in lots 15, 18 or 19 left?

Looking for a set for the kitchen that will be good to watch the World cup on :-)

Any other better recommendations that might be more suitable around the 250-300 mark?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

declan_8 wrote: »

Looking for a set for the kitchen that will be good to watch the World cup on :-)

Any other better recommendations that might be more suitable around the 250-300 mark?
    Declan,

take your pick, they are all immaculate, if it was me I'd probably go for the Panasonic or the LG

I'll further reduce to:  Pana at £189.95 / the LG at £249.95 / and the Sony at £319.95

And if you need a wall bracket - I'll throw any bracket in at 1/2 price..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Looking over the specs for these 3 it seems the Sony is the only Full HD screen where as the others are only HD ready. The LG has the smart functions over the Panasonic so I'd prob lean towards having it over the others.

I then looked through your site and came across 2 more that interested me

- LG 32LN575
    - Samsung F5500

Do you have either of the above in stock and which of the above 2 would be the better set, as mentioned this is mainly for sport so the better option to handle that is what I need most.

if there are even better options then let me know, of course within the 300 range :-)

Declan,

take your pick, they are all immaculate, if it was me I'd probably go for the Panasonic or the LG

I'll further reduce to:  Pana at £189.95 / the LG at £249.95 / and the Sony at £319.95

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Looking over the specs for these 3 it seems the Sony is the only Full HD screen where as the others are only HD ready. The LG has the smart functions over the Panasonic so I'd prob lean towards having it over the others.

I then looked through your site and came across 2 more that interested me

- LG 32LN575
    - Samsung F5500

Do you have either of the above in stock and which of the above 2 would be the better set, as mentioned this is mainly for sport so the better option to handle that is what I need most.

if there are even better options then let me know, of course within the 300 range :-)

Declan,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Declan_8

Unfortunately the 32LN575 has now finished and is listed as LAST FEW TO CLEAR to the website. Usually ex-display or ex-repair, depending on the store that may have one left. LAST FEW products can not be shipped and would required to be picked up at the store.

The 32F5500 is also now LAST FEW TO CLEAR and the only one we have is our display one which would need collected from the Belfast store.

For the NEW LG range of smart TV's would be the LG 32LB580V priced at £369.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/32lb580v/lg-32lb580v

Sony have the KDL32W705 priced at £379.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl32w705b/sony-kdl32w705bbu

Let me know what you think or any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Hey folks,

I think it's time for an upgrade from my 32" even though it's going strong since I bought it off ye back in 2009. Have you got any TV's left around the 40" size out of lots 4, 5, 16 or 17? (11 is out of my price range!)

Any alternatives otherwise recommended around the 6/700 euro mark will be gawked at in detail also :D

Cheers!
    Martin

• Advertisement

mckildare wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I think it's time for an upgrade from my 32" even though it's going strong since I bought it off ye back in 2009. Have you got any TV's left around the 40" size out of lots 4, 5, 16 or 17? (11 is out of my price range!)

Any alternatives otherwise recommended around the 6/700 euro mark will be gawked at in detail also :D

Cheers!
    Martin
    Hi McKildare.

We do still have LOTS 4 and 5 left from the list.

Both screens are ex-display and it very good condition.

There are a lot of NEW screens coming on the market but not to compare to the clearance pricing on the two LG screens listed.

LG 42LB650V priced at £599.95 / 749.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lb650v/lg-42lb650v

Thanks for the response,

I've gone and had a look at the current lineup and I'm liking the Samsung UE40H6400, even the F version is very good quality. I'm not sure the extra couple hundred quid is worth it for the H, any opinion on the difference between them? I also saw the UE40F7000 but this is getting further away from my price range again!

In the Panasonic lineup, I liked the 42ET60 and I was told the latest is the AS600 but that's not 3D from what I can see. Do you sell the 650 version? The next one up that I can see is the 740 but they're very very pricey :(Am I better off going with Samsung, they seem to have the better technology but I'm not in a position to test them like you guys are :D

Also, how do these models compare with the LG you mentioned above? I can't find any decent reviews on that one...

Thanks!
    Martin

Thanks for the response,

I've gone and had a look at the current lineup and I'm liking the Samsung UE40H6400, even the F version is very good quality. I'm not sure the extra couple hundred quid is worth it for the H, any opinion on the difference between them? I also saw the UE40F7000 but this is getting further away from my price range again!

In the Panasonic lineup, I liked the 42ET60 and I was told the latest is the AS600 but that's not 3D from what I can see. Do you sell the 650 version? The next one up that I can see is the 740 but they're very very pricey :(Am I better off going with Samsung, they seem to have the better technology but I'm not in a position to test them like you guys are :D

Also, how do these models compare with the LG you mentioned above? I can't find any decent reviews on that one...

Thanks!
    Martin
    Hi Martin,

The new Samsung line up is pretty impressive.  We just got the new 4K screen in and it's stunning!  

I've always rated Samsung high for their picture quality, and this year they aren't letting down.  Nice clear picture and excellent motion handling too.  They're also top of the pile for smart features hands down.  The 40H6400 at £599.95 is a steal for the spec you're getting :)

Another screen to maybe consider is the Sony KDL42 W706.  Sony have done very well with some of their screens.  Maybe don't have the same smart features as the Samsung but come out tops for picture quality imo:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl42w706b/sony-kdl42w706bsu

We do indeed stock the Pana 42 AS650.  Nice TV, picture isn't bad at all.  But yea, no 3D which is a bit disappointing for a TV at that price.  

Out of the above I'd personally go for the Samsung, and then the Sony.  

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris,

So the 40H6400 is 599? I was looking at the other thread with the price list and it's there for 799...am I so lucky? :eek::)  How much would it be to deliver to Dublin? And just to confirm, is the 5 year guarantee on Samsung TV's as well?

I checked out a couple of Sony's not sure was that one of them but I have a thing against them after some previous bad luck so I think I'll stick with a Samsung or Panasonic.

I thought the AS600 was not 3D but the 650 is...according to their website anyway...http://www.panasonicstore.ie/products.html/tv/smart-led-tv-39-to-47-inch/tx-42as650b-smart-3d-viera-tv . How much would this one be delivered?

Thanks!
    Martin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Chris,

So the 40H6400 is 599? I was looking at the other thread with the price list and it's there for 799...am I so lucky? :eek::)  How much would it be to deliver to Dublin? And just to confirm, is the 5 year guarantee on Samsung TV's as well?

I checked out a couple of Sony's not sure was that one of them but I have a thing against them after some previous bad luck so I think I'll stick with a Samsung or Panasonic.

I thought the AS600 was not 3D but the 650 is...according to their website anyway...http://www.panasonicstore.ie/products.html/tv/smart-led-tv-39-to-47-inch/tx-42as650b-smart-3d-viera-tv . How much would this one be delivered?

Thanks!
    Martin
    Martin,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the 40H6400 is indeed £599 / €769.99  and it includes a 5 year warranty - delivery to Dublin would just be £19.95.

The TX40AS650 IS a 3D TV - not sure how the guys missed that and it looks superb, it has passive 3D ( so the extra glasses are far more reasonable than with active 3D) - it also has a far higher motion processing rate than the Samsung so it would be better for action or sports - in terms of pricing we can do it at £749.95 / €949.99 including delivery to Dublin (and Panasonic are also offering a £100 cashback which isnt included in this price so the total price would just be £649.95 - its a bit of a no brainer for just an additional £50!)

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply John,

All sounds good to me! Let me run it by the "bank" and then I'll get back to you about ordering it ;)

M

Edit: Does the World Cup offer on your website apply to this TV? :o Thanks!

John,

I've been given the green light ha :DWhat details do you need and I'll send you a pm, thanks!

M

John,

I've been given the green light ha :DWhat details do you need and I'll send you a pm, thanks!

M
    Hey McKildare.

If you PM me a contact number i can give you a shout for some details.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.