Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance in Wicklow Advice Query

Options
  • 24-03-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My partner and I have been co-habitating since April 2011. We have both recently finished our 3 years in college and will be leaving the house sharing we have been living in since 2012 and moving to Arklow as it's cheaper than living in the dublin area and we no longer want to house share.

We were in receipt of 188 euro each a week on the Back to Education Scheme but now that we're ending college in May we will be cut to 134 each on the Jobseekers which isn't alot to live off (However when we first left home we lived on just 100 euro each for the first year so i guess its a little better). We will both be looking for employment obviously but want to go rent allowance to help us while we're looking.

We are both 23 and attempted to get it when we were 20 but the Council told us no and everybody we dealt with was very rude so we became dejected and stopped trying.

Does anybody have any information/advice as to how to go about applying for the rent allowance again?

Sorry for the essay.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement