Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone connection point needed

Options
  • 24-03-2014 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to get a new connection point as the current one in the house is really really old and the internet line jack keeps falling out of the connection point in the wall! Would eircom be the crowd to install a new one for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

AFAIK, the service of line rental etc includes the initial point in the house so if this is gone, then its your provider that you should contact. However is it worn out or broken from misuse? You can replace these yourself very easily if it makes it easier??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

It's not broken, it's just really old (has 'Telecom Eireann' written on it), so I think it's original. The jack doesn't sit in well, keeps falling out so I want to get a new one. I've no idea how to replace it / where to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

any diy shop or even woodies etc. Its like wiring a plug only simpler.
    Who is your provider? No harm popping a question on the relevant talk to forum here in case you get hit with a nasty charge. If you are changing to fibre anytime soon, they will do this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

If the line is sound and it's just the Jack then you'd wire one yourself in about two minutes at a a cost of maybe 3 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Thanks for the replies everyone. It sounds simple enough so. I'll give it a go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement