Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange phonecall early this morning.

• 24-03-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

My phone rang this morning at 7.10am. I ran downstairs and looked at the ID display and it was 00 886 2644 9**1, a Taiwanese number, I believe. (I checked the phone directory)

I let it ring out (about 45 secs)

Anyone else get this sort of call recently? I have no connections with Taiwan nor do I know anyone there who might be phoning me.

Another phishing scam of the 'Microsoft' variety?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It could have been a genuine wrong number dialled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

I was trying to ring you all morning, im stuck in Taiwan, I need you to WU me money, This guy has promised me a 500% return on an investment.. Ill ring you again in the morning.. this time pick up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I was trying to ring you all morning, im stuck in Taiwan, I need you to WU me money, This guy has promised me a 500% return on an investment.. Ill ring you again in the morning.. this time pick up!

My credit card number is in the post! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

we would get phone calls on a regular basis from someone looking for a mr and they would say my first name not my surname telling us they were calling from microsoft we just say we have no computer and they hang up the number is always witheld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

Yes, 06:45 a-fecking-m this morning, same prefix, I don't remember the rest, I picked up the phone and there was that delay and connection noise that I know is from a scammer, I hung up. PITA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You guys are so lucky. I never get these calls. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

That was a friend of mine - his name is Terry Tibbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

your loss....
    Anyone interested in investing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It's a pity eircom doesn't do whatever software update it needs to implement anonymous call rejection and 'choose to refuse' where you can dial a code and block calls from the last number who rang you.

Advertisement