Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online competition - Feedback required please

Options
  • 24-03-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

We currently have a competition running whereby the customer is entered into a monthly draw after leaving a review of their purchase on the site.

I wanted to inject a little fun into it and so created a non existent product that can not be checked out (purchased)

http://www.vapefreaks.com/Scrummy_Juice_-_100ml/p2486621_11760363.aspx

I have had some feedback telling me that it's good, quirky idea, but I have also had feedback that it is confusing and can turn potential customers off buying from the store.

I'm all for fun and quirky, but not if it's going to have a negative impact on sales.
    I realise that some people will not get it, but I would hope that they would be in the minority.

If you have time can you take a look and tell me what you think please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I don't think I get the joke, and would find it confusing. A bit of humour and character is good, but the skill is in making it quirky without being confusing!

What is the actual prize? Is scrummy juice a real thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Vape Freaks

Hi,

No, Scrummy Juice is not real, it's an outrageously priced 100ml bottle of e-liquid that looks like a perfume bottle, hence the description.

The idea being, (and please bear in mind that this is geared towards customers already on the site, aware of the e-cigarette products available and aware of the look and price of a bottle of e-liquid) that they see the Scrummy Juice and click on it out of curiosity, then realise that they can win a free bottle of real e-liquid by leaving a review of their purchase.

Do you think it goes over most peoples heads?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Ah, now I understand!

I assumed the picture and price were jokes, but it left me unsure of what the prize actually was! ("To win a bottle of Scrummy Juice, simply leave a review of your purchase")

I think it just needs to be made a bit clearer what's up for grabs (100ml Hangsen liquid). After all, the prize is what's meant to be encouraging people to leave reviews.

Do you think it works? or would I be better off just saying "leave a review of your purchase to win a 100ml bottle of Hangsen" and have an actual picture of an actual bottle of Hangsen.
    Thanks, appreciate your input ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

I think it confuses the whole competition by having a pretend product. Even though it's obviously a joke with such an outrageous price, it almost makes the real prize seem like a consolation prize.

I'd go for pushing the actual prize and how great that would be to win after they go to the bother of leaving a review.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think a bit of humour is great, but a lot of the time it's only funny to the person that thought it up perhaps!

Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Scrummy is gone.........sob, my baby!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 revin

I really wanted to try Scrummy juice. The description was awsome!! But hey- at least I won a bottle of Hangsen. Why not try to make it? The page is gone now but google search results still show it as having notes of "red cedar, vanilla, white...."

I guess it was just too beautiful for this world :D

Thanks.

Advertisement