Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sunderland, 26th March - 20:00, LIVE on Sky Sports 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Jesus that was horrible at the end.

Delighted with the 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'll take 6 more of them :)
    My heart won't!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I'll have you know I watched them last 15 minutes and only sh1t myself 26 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lucky boys. We're not going to get near the title if we're going to be that nervous in the remaining games.

That was not lucky and they are near the title, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

21 out of 21. What else can we ask if them???

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dickerty wrote: »
    21 out of 21. What else can we ask if them???

As Liverpool fans, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Phew.

Sunderland deserved a point there.

Nervy though. Very nervy!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

murpho999 wrote: »

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

sunderland deserve credit they pushed us all the way to the end they are a deacent side put the likes of arsenal and spurs to shame with there fight tonight i have no doubt they will comfortably stay up

i was more worried about this game tonight then sundays against spurs .........that was a big win for us tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

That was the most nerve wrecking last 15mins in many a year, if we play like this against anyone else in the run in we simply wont get away with it, but a nice 3pts all the same:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Would like to see that Cattermole tackle again.

Looking in the championship next year for him though hopefully not Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsnvlYeNqRH8BB8OBgU8enzKxpRSIMpUWtyMPb-j2UrAw7GERm3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's what nerves does to players. Liverpool misplaced more passes tonight than they have in their last 4 games combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

sterling was class when he came on. worked really hard.

coutiniho's greed is kinda taking the piss at times.

glen johnson was back to being a sh1tebag tonight.

three points are consistently delicious, and i'd like seven more sets of them please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Cant see Ki (or Johnson) at Sunderland next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

oh **** I can't much more of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

WHO IS THIS GUY?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

jethro081 wrote: »
    coutiniho's greed is kinda taking the piss at times.

Suarez was much worse. He flat out refused to pass the ball at times tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

but I love looking at the table

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean but I would not call that lucky.

More a nervy ending from a nervous team at the end but they closed it out well.

We're not going to win every game easy.

djPSB wrote: »
    Gerrard; still a class act.

Now let's see your f*ckin bus move Gus.

Operation Anfield Excercise, there is a bus parked that has been moved..

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Don't know what is more pleasurable being one point off top or Utd in the sh1tter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

murpho999 wrote: »

Lucky or not. If we are as nervy as that for the remaining 7 games, we won't win the title. I think that's obvious. Hopefully it was just a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

That wake up tonight will stand to us. We cannot expect to always steamroll teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

mikehunts wrote: »
    Don't know what is more pleasurable being one point off top or Utd in the sh1tter.

one point off top obviously, the only thing better would be being on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Jeepers that was tough going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

We won a game even though everything Suarez tried didn't come off.

3 points.

Move on Spurs on Sunday.

Suarez is probably the least Greedy striker of his ability and class in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

yeah, i noticed that too, i was wondering did he know if there was someone watching his performance tonight, it really felt like he was showing himself off at the expense of sturridge/sterling at times...
    Suarez is probably the least Greedy striker of his ability and class in the world.

usually i'd agree as usually he is selfless but tonight he was not....

Lucky or not. If we are as nervy as that for the remaining 7 games, we won't win the title. I think that's obvious. Hopefully it was just a one off.

7 nervy wins will win the title. Bad for the heart though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That game has convinced me Liverpool won't win the title. Way too nervy when there's much bigger games to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sunderland will get something out of this, if they don't, I'll close my Rarnes/Saulgoode accounts.

Bye Rarnes/saulgoode. We will miss you:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Cant see Ki (or Johnson) at Sunderland next year.

Ki is on loan from Swansea

SantryRed wrote: »
    That game has convinced me Liverpool won't win the title. Way too nervy when there's much bigger games to come.

CL is the target, anything else is a bonus.

I'll enjoy the title run with us playing a part but expecting nothing from it.

• Advertisement

Bit harsh to judge on that game considering it's 7 on the bounce and 32 points from the last 36.

Saying that Liverpool are still 3rd favs for the title but are in with a decent shout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Will we bring the Prem trophy to the Aviva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

i stopped watching with 10 mins to go, couldnt take it, was sure sunderland would score again to draw game, so glad they didnt.a win is a win is a win after all.
    pool didnt play well at all tonite but cant always win by 3 etc.
    need to up performance level though bigtime for next few games, which im sure they will, if they dont, questions need asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

mada999 wrote: »
    WHO IS THIS GUY?!

Daniel Bryan, the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion and closet Liverpool fan.

I'm after watching the replay of John O Shea's chance....mother of God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I do see where you're going with that point and I'm one thinks we won't the league ultimately.

But we have Spurs, Man City and Chelsea coming up Anfield and I think that could actually be better than playing the Sunderlands. There was an expectation tonight, but there'll be more of an anticipation against the bigger sides that might produce better performances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Funny that because i thought the exact opposite tbh. Champions grind out results when not at 100% and when under pressure that's what we did. Onward and upward.

hadepsx wrote: »
    i stopped watching with 10 mins to go, couldnt take it, was sure sunderland would score again to draw game, so glad they didnt.a win is a win is a win after all.
    pool didnt play well at all tonite but cant always win by 3 etc.
    need to up performance level though bigtime for next few games, which im sure they will, if they dont, questions need asking.

What questions?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    WE HAVEN'T SCORED YET. WE'RE NOT GOING TO PICK UP 3 POINTS!

pta-disband.gif

I demand Starscream award me with Ade PL Man of the Thread crown tonight.

Eight Ball wrote: »
    What questions?
    all ifs and buts, but obv. if these players want to win this league, not withstanding if city/chelsea slip up (unlikely), they can not be ending games like they did against sunderland tonight. play like that against city/chelsea we will get destroyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Daniel Bryan, the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion and closet Liverpool fan.

I'm after watching the replay of John O Shea's chance....mother of God!

Maybe his boyhood Liverpool dreams flashed in front of him

hadepsx wrote: »
    all ifs and buts, but obv. if these players want to win this league, not withstanding if city/chelsea slip up (unlikely), they can not be ending games like they did against sunderland tonight. play like that against city/chelsea we will get destroyed

Chelsea and City have played like that a lot more than we have this season (playing poor and winning), I have no doubt we will play better vs them than we did against Sunderland and get good results. Also i think City or Chelsea will slip up somewhere along the line neither are anywhere near unbeatable.

i like your optimisum (sp) be fecking amazing to be #1 come seasons end

monkey9 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for Steven Gerrard, we'd be just a mid table team.

and sturridge, and Suarez and Henderson and Skyrtel and the minge and Johnson and agger and the count and Stevie and Agger and flanno and Allen and Hendo ... WE ARE NOW A TEAM!

Morzadec wrote: »
    Poor stuff from Mannone because Suarez usually goes over the wall, while Gerrard usually goes the keepers side.

Look at Gerrards free kick against Hull.

Add to the fact that it's so close in where its harder to get it up and under it makes even less sense to leave his side open.

If he had done his homework he wouldn't have let himself so exposed

I think it's more the fact that he didn't know who was gonna actually take the free kick..thats the bonus of having two savage free kick takers...

sh__93 wrote: »
    Coutinho is absolutely brilliant on the ball. He seems to try force the final through ball a bit imo.
    Then again, it's good to see he's not afraid to lose it and try that cute pass that most likely will fail but if it succeeds will put a man through.
    He's an absolute joy to watch when he's on his game.
    And he's still only 21 with so much room to improve.

he was deffo mom tonight, didn't really force it tonight tbh....cant believe he's still only 21....:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement